Posted on Oct 8, 2019 by Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
As a member of the IT Service Continuity team: This position will support IT Operations in their mission to achieve reliable, secure and agile operations through embedding of enterprise standard processes.
The position includes providing subject matter expertise on Business & Service Continuity domain, handling & supporting continuity incidents, managing & operating Continuity procedures, working closely with senior leaders & stakeholders on Continuity Management practices, reporting and developing of reporting modules, supporting the Continuity team with automation, ensuring compliance validation and provide analytical capabilities. Includes working on the Sharepoint, Archer and other Continuity Management tools.
In addition, this position will also be responsible to prepare the story around the data analysis and prepare presentations (slide decks) at the executive summary level for the leadership team with a clear story and next steps. This position will be responsible to communicate the story at various levels in the organization.
Dimensions and Special Challenges
- A very visible enterprise wide role with the requirement to work in collaboration with people from all parts of the organization businesses, with multiple suppliers and to gain insight into the challenges faced by a variety of lines of businesses within the organization;
- Meeting all the requirements of IT Service Continuity Management;
- Working in a Virtual team across multiple time zones may require availability during early morning and/or late evening hours. Managing time and work-life balance is critical;
- Managing conflicting priorities to achieve win-win solutions;
- Collaboration with multiple, cross discipline, cross organizational stakeholders;
- Gaining the trust of virtual stakeholders;
- Delivering through others without formal line management authority;
- Working very closely with 3rd party suppliers to provide a seamless end-to-end incident and problem management service;
- Good verbal and written communication and relationship skills.
Purpose & Accountability
- Contribute to the development of the IT Service Continuity roadmap and maturity model, working with colleagues in organizations who assist with Design;
- Drive process focal points and the practitioner community through deliverables associated with the IT Service Continuity roadmap and maturity model;
- Provide guidance and direction to regional and global teams for Disaster Recovery Plan and Business Continuity Plan activities; educate and raise awareness of the importance of Service Continuity activities across the organization;
- Conduct regular risk analysis assessments, along with application and infrastructure support partners, via annual testing exercises, as well as a review of processes and plans to determine if improvements are needed; publish results;
- Ensure a set of Crisis Management plans are aligned and integrated with the IT Service Continuity Plans, IT Recovery plans, and ITIL process teams that support the overall Business Continuity Plans of the company and its suppliers;
- Lead recovery efforts in conjunction with the organizations community of partners, processes, and teams during disasters/emergencies/crisis; supplement recovery during such events by providing storm tracking maps, Disaster Recovery status, and other critical information;
- Develop and deliver against KPIs that measure and improve our organization's compliance to Service Continuity operational processes;
- Drive a continuous improvement culture in our day-to-day activities, working with our delivery organization, suppliers, and business partners;
- Provide guidance on Risk framework; ensure Disaster Recovery plans and testing are in place to drive Operational Effectiveness; liaise with organizations who are executing the processes on non-compliances and remediation requirements.
Skills & Requirements: Mandatory
- 8-10 years of corporate IT experience;
- Graduate/Post Graduate in an IT related degree;
- Certification in Business Continuity, Risk Management, ITIL certifications at both the foundation and intermediate level, preferably in "Service Design & Operations";
- Skilled in executing and managing operational ITIL processes specifically IT Service Continuity Management across large infrastructure and application environments;
- Experience in handling large scape Continuity incidents preferred;
- Skilled in data analysis and identifying trends/patterns to address causes of issues;
- Skilled in effective problem solving;
- Technical Skilled in using Service Management tools, Microsoft Office Excel (tables, charts, pivot tables) & PowerPoint and reporting tools;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills using different mediums;
- Skilled in negotiated win-win solutions with stakeholder;
- Skilled in being able to influence others without formal authority to deliver desired results;
- Skilled in being able to work independently across different organizational boundaries, cultures and in a globally and virtual environment;
- Fluent in the English language both verbal and written;
- Open to rotating between Shifts periodically.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
€450 - €500 Daily