IT Ops Engineer/TIBCO
Posted on Oct 8, 2019 by Gazelle Global Consulting
IT Ops Engineer/TIBCO
One of my globally leading clients is urgently looking for an IT Ops Engineer to join their DevOps team in their beautiful Amsterdam offices on a 12 month contract. The Successful Ops Engineer candidate must come from an Agile scrum environment equipped with Continuous Delivery Engineering practises.
The successful IT Ops Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate and regulate the installation, stability and monitoring of (D) -T-A-P environments.
- Give advice on and implement life cycle management activities.
- Deploy changes/releases and produce the deliverables/evidence required by several related ITIL processes (eg incident, configuration, change management)
- Automate deployments as part of the continuous delivery.
- Define dependencies with other teams and translate these to user stories.
- Configure and maintain application and chain monitoring (with ELK-stack).
- Define and/or support chain, acceptance, performance, scalability and resilience testing.
- Ensure an efficient and effective handling incident, configuration, change management within your team
- Test the performance of applications and apply tuning.
- Actively participate in the Scrum process and in Continuous Delivery Engineering Practices.
- Play a positive role with your DevOps team growing the experience and knowledge within your team.
- Participate in realizing the mission of your Chapter and helping your peers improve.
- Support risk procedures and processes of ING.
The successful IT Ops Engineer will have the following technical skills:
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Tibco.
- Knowledge of Linux environments, bash Scripting etc.
- Knowledge of Apache/tomcat.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery using tools such as Jenkins, Nolio, Ansible, TFS, Maven, Gitlab and Artifactory is a pre.
- Capacity/Availability Monitoring, knowledge of well-known tools in this area (Logstash, Graphite, Grafana, Seyren, etc.) is a pre.
- You handle application risk controls in an efficient way, proactively contributing to prevent security and operational risks.
- You enforce that the right levels of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of the application are preserved.
- Able to work under pressure, willing to be on stand-by outside of office hours.
- Experience with the agile/SCRUM way of working.
- 3+ Years' experience as OPS engineer.
- Also, you are fluent in English, both spoken and in writing.
- Dutch is a pre.
- Pro-active, willing to take responsibility.
- Analytic with translation to action plans.
- Knowledge of developments in the market IT, CD eg
- Able to communicate in an open way, giving feedback and helping your colleagues to improve in both technical and personal perspective.
Contracts range from 3 months to 2+ years, one of which has the possibility of remote work! In addition, the pay rates on offer are FANTASTIC & above market rate! Please get in touch ASAP for further details.