Ops Engineer (Python)
Posted on Oct 8, 2019 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Python Ops Engineer
Good time for a new long-term project?
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Python Ops Engineer for a market leading client of mine. This is within the financial sector harbouring the latest tech environment. The ideal start date is November 2019 but there is flexibility for the selected Python Ops Engineer.
Work in a Dev-Ops team playing the primary role as an Ops engineer.
You should also be able to and willing to perform other Dev engineer roles such as;
- Resolution of incidents (Level 3 support), Application Life cycle management and Release management.
- Coordination and execution of installations and uninstallations.
- Application tuning and Monitoring.
- Supporting transition and integration of project outcomes to the standing organization. This also includes validating and accepting the changes that were executed by the project team. You assess the maturity of the projects and its release deliverable(s)
- While maintaining the current stack is the start of your role, you will be free and very welcome to bring improvements in all parts of the chain; whether it is test automation, monitoring, containerization or other areas!
You are not expected to do all the supporting/releasing. As a team, we are rolling on a weekly basis, with a new 'hero' every week. However, you are expected to take the lead in all the OPS/Infrastructure areas and set the direction we follow. In our team all engineers have their own area of expertise, yours will be all the SRE/release and compliancy part.
Required skills for the Python Ops Engineer:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in IT (or similar level based on experience).
- 2 years' work experience in an operational IT environment.
- Hands on experience with Python, Ansible, or equivalent software pipeline software and Scripting.
- Knowledge on Basic Java and basic Application Servers (Maven, Spring, Tomcat) .
- Knowledge on Security, Certificates management, PKI is an plus.
- Experience in working in agile/scrum methodology is an plus
- An excellent written and spoken knowledge of English; knowledge of Dutch is an plus
If this ticks all the boxes please get in touch by sending your latest CV or feel free to contact me directly for more information.