Test Automation Engineer
Posted on Oct 8, 2019 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Senior Test Engineer - Dublin - >€45k-55K
Our client is an Irish company with significant interests in Print, Online and Broadcast Media. Due to continued growth, they are now looking for a Senior Test Engineer to join their Technology & Innovation test team.
The Senior Test Engineer will play a key role in maintaining the quality of our clients leading news media websites and apps. They will be responsible for both manual and automated testing, while continually improving test processes.
This is a permanent role, and offers a superb working environment along with superb scope for career progression.
Key Responsibilities of role
* Provide guidance to a small internal test team and outsourced test teams in a challenging and dynamic news environment.
* Perform and delegate hands-on testing of media websites, apps, third-party components, DFP ad services, Web Analytics, RESTful services, and more to highlight risks to success on multiple platforms especially mobile and desktop web, iOS and Android.
* Develop test strategies and test charters for all product releases.
* Select and use appropriate tools to assist in testing
* Contribute to the review and enhancement of development and testing practices.
* Provide support to internal teams throughout the design and development cycle.
* Motivate and mentor junior members of the testing team.
* Work with local and remote developers to enable and encourage code review and a test-driven approach to development.
* Provide fast feedback on test results to key company stakeholders
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
* 4+ years' testing Experience
* Highly competent in all aspects of manual and automation testing - White Box, system, load, performance and regression testing, including script writing.
* Experience with release management in a dev-ops/continuous delivery environment.
* Understanding and experience of testing B2C content-based products in a digital content, web, mobile web and mobile app environment.
* High level of written and spoken English
* Strong communication and Interpersonal Skills
* Full rights to work in the EU without need for Sponsorship
* Experience writing technical documentation.
For more information on this role, please contact Níall.
To apply directly, please send submit CV along with brief cover letter through this site.