Lead Analyst-Developer BI
Posted on Oct 8, 2019 by IT Human Resources
Lead Analyst-Developer BI
A great permanent opportunity came up with a leading Telecoms company in Brussels to join them as a Lead BI Developer/Analyst.
You will lead a team of 3 to 5 other Business Intelligence developers with whom you'll be working on translating the business needs into data model and on the realisation of specific Use Case.
You will work within the Enterprise Information Management (EIM) department of IT VOO, which is in charge of developing and defining the architecture, operations and support of VOO Business Intelligence solutions. This applies to both customer data and network data.
Your role as a Business Intelligence Lead Analyst Developer will be to understand the business needs for specific use cases, analyze them and implement them in the technical architecture. You will also be required to coach other members of the team in the realization of their Use Case.
You will report directly to the Director of the EIM.
To achieve his/her mission, you will:
- Collect, analyze and formalize business needs for each use case.
- Propose an approach for the technical solution.
- Translate the expressed needs into a data model for both the integration layer (Data Vault Modeling) and the Data Marts (Presentation Layer).
- Implement (configuration and/or development) the required transformations (ETL, data base, reporting tool) to meet the need.
- Define the integration and acceptance test scenarios (in collaboration with the business).
- Perform unit tests related to developments.
- Participate in the code review of his/her peers.
- Provide support to users during the test and acceptance phases.
- Coach and coach the Analyst Developer
Deliverables by use case are:
- The functional analysis document.
- The technical analysis document, the data model, the data mapping source - target data.
- Code, developments, scripts, semantic reporting layers, etc.
- The unit test report.
- The code report review.
The required skills are:
- Have a good ability to communicate with the business community.
- Have an analytical mind and be proactive.
- Make persuasive force and prioritization.
- A transverse view of business processes.
- Mastering of modelling concepts - Data Vault (essential).
- Mastery of the technical tools of the architecture: AWS S3, Redshift, Elastic Map Reduce, Tableau - desirable.
- Mastery of the following programming languages: SQL - indispensable, Python - desirable.
Training, experience and languages:
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 years + years of experience in a comparable function
- English is essential, French & Dutch are a very big plus
Great package provided with excellent benefits.
Are you an experienced Business Intelligence Consultant used to work in an Amazon environment?
If so, apply today for an immediate response!
ITHR Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. ITHR Group is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.