Human Resources Assistant
Posted on Oct 5, 2019 by Cleveland Institute of Art
Cleveland Institute of Art is one of the nation's leading independent colleges of art and design.
We are seeking a Human Resources Assistant. This position is responsible for providing administrative support for various HR functions, including recruitment & hiring; compensation & benefits administration; EEO/AA; policy & procedures; HRIS; retention; training & development; and recordkeeping.
- Supports all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests
- Maintains paper and electronic records of employees
- Acts as liaison with other departments or functions
- Assists with general HR functions throughout the Institute
- Supports the recruitment/hiring process by sourcing candidates, performing background checks, assisting in shortlisting, issuing employment contracts, etc.
- Performs orientation, onboarding and updates records with new hires
- Assists with administration of employee recognition, appreciation & retention programs
- Assists in the administration of the Institute's various benefits plans including enrollments, terminations, claims processing and monitoring
Requires proven experience in a relevant HR/administrative position with a full understanding of HR functions and best practices. Requires familiarity of Labor Law and employment equity regulations. Must have effective HR administration and people management skills and exposure to payroll practices.
Requires organizational and time management skills as well as flexibility to move between day-to-day tasks and project-oriented tasks with the ability to work independently. Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary. Requires a proven ability to maintain confidentiality. Must be highly computer literate with capability in email, Microsoft Office suite (particularly Word and Excel) and related business and communication tools. Meticulous attention to detail necessary. Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
The above knowledge and skills are normally acquired through a Bachelor degree in HR or related discipline. A minimum of 2 years of experience as an HR Assistant preferred. Experience in academic environment helpful. Membership in related professional group valuable.
Application must include cover letter, salary requirements, and resume.
Cleveland Institute of Art
Job Code: HR19
Cleveland, Ohio 44106
No phone calls please
Cleveland Institute of Art is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment, and to the principles that promote inclusion.