Senior Engineer - Google Cloud
Posted on Oct 5, 2019 by Visionaire Partners
Senior Cloud Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Cloud Security Engineer for an innovative software company. This individual will serve as the subject matter expert in cloud security, working alongside the Information Security team to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of cloud-based and Internet-accessible systems and services that support core business functions.
You will be responsible for designing, building, and optimizing internal and external environments and maintaining compliance with security policies. In this role, you will provide expert guidance and configuration recommendations on all cloud-related projects. Additionally, you will serve at the subject matter expert on platform security within cloud environments and make design change recommendations for the improvement of cloud environments. You will be responsible for identifying risks and providing remediation guidance of gaps to ensure a sustainable cloud environment. You will participate in setting and improving cloud security standards, respond to security events, design and build cloud security event detection processes, and ensure that cloud infrastructure service designs are maintained as required by security standards. Additionally, you will serve as Tier-3 support to troubleshoot security-related issues as they arise.
This is a contract position and will have high visibility, as you will be responsible for partnering with the cloud architect of other business units within the organization and will be tasked with ensure the health of the security posture as they expand into the cloud. This client is the market leader within their industry and are continuously assessing how to remain competitive and innovative, both in their software and with their clients. You will be joining a growing, collaborative team that encourages new perspectives and ideals and flexible hours are available.
- 4-7 years of overall IT experience including at least 1-3 years in working with Google Cloud.
- Experience with hands-on Scripting (any language is acceptable)
- Familiarity with VPC (Virtual Private Clouds)
- Knowledge of Stackdriver
- Strong knowledge and experience with networking required (Subnetting, Routing, ACL, Security Groups, NACLs).
- Understanding of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, etc.)
- Experience working with SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS providers, providing guidance on secure system and service configuration.
- Experience with ensuring the confidentiality and integrity of company and customer data in a shared cloud environment.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux OS security administration (Linux - RHEL and Debian based systems)
- Highly proficient in Python for Scripting automating cloud deployments
- Information Security, Networking, or cloud related certifications highly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to properly handle confidential information.
- BS or MA in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field preferred, or equivalent experience