Tandem/HP NonStop Systems Engineer
Posted on Oct 5, 2019 by Resource 1
Resource 1 is seeking a Tandem/HP NonStop Systems Engineer for a 12-24-month contract managing and supporting highly complex HP NonStop environments consisting of large financial/banking applications, and Servers.
Responsibilities include: installation, maintenance, operations, configurations, testing and response to service outages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation of operating systems, networks, applications, and hardware.
- Support Operating Systems configuration changes as well as System Utility tools (TACL, MEASURE, TMF etc.)
- Backup and Restore setup and maintenance
- Address NonStop Hardware and Software errors
- Install new Operating Systems across multiple NonStop Platforms (Prod, Cert, Dev, Test)
- System Software Updates (new releases or patches: NonStop)
- System Performance review using Measure
- Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, and network environments.
- 7-10 years of HP NonStop experience.
- Experience creating and supporting NonStop SQL databases (including reloads and re-partitioning).
- Experience creating and supporting TACL routines, macros, obey files
- Ability to work within a large enterprise environment and on cross functional teams.
- Ability to understand, manage, and communicate priorities and expectations.
- Work rotating on-call schedule and be available to work after hours and on weekends.
- Ability to work and excel in a fast paced and changing environment.
KEY WORDS: Tandem, HP NonStop, NonStop SQL, Enscribe, TACL, MEASURE, TMF