Night Shift SOC Analyst
Posted on Oct 5, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Night Shift SOC Analyst.
This role is working nights from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM or 8:00 PM to 8:00 AM. This role is revolved around assisting internal and external customers in network surveillance and referring of technical problems and processing customer tickets. You will be supporting, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining customer's infrastructures. This person must have a networking background and any security knowledge is a huge plus.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience, Bachelor's degree a plus.
- Must have a willingness to learn and be willing to take vendor certification courses (bonuses on certification)
- Must be comfortable with the use of software packages including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, IE etc
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required as well as good telephone skills and etiquette
- Understand the importance of working in a team environment
- Minimum 1-2 years experience with networks, network management technologies, or experience within a NOC environment.
- Working knowledge of OSI and Networking models, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, IDP/IDS, Linux, and Windows platforms.
- Exposure to troubleshooting tools and techniques including traffic analyzers such as Wireshark, SNMP utilities, and CLI commands.
- Solid understanding of modern IP Networking (v4 or v6) a requirement.
- Desire to work in an immersive and collaborative environment on a wide array of security-related aspects.
- Experience and/or certifications in the areas of security incident handling, intrusion prevention, compliance, and Firewalling.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following manufacturers and platforms highly desired: F5 Big-IP, JunOS, Checkpoint, Bluecoat, Palo Alto, Riverbed, and Sourcefire.
- Working knowledge of monitoring elements such as SNMP, syslog, WMI, and open-source OR enterprise monitoring is required. 1-3 years of practical linux experience and skills required.