E-Commerce Sales Support Specialist
Posted on Oct 5, 2019 by Transtar Industries, Inc.
Transtar Industries, LLC is a manufacturer and distributor of various automotive components. We have the best-in-class torque converters, transmissions, tools, equipment, additives and sealants. Transtar is a one-stop shop for automotive shop supplies, parts, and accessories.
We offer an excellent opportunity for not only a job, but a career with growth potential. At Transtar, we seek applicants who roll up their sleeves, enjoy hard work, thrive in a team environment, and who embody our core values of Safety, Honesty, Action, Relationship, and Product.
WHY TRANSTAR INDUSTRIES?:
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting team of sales representatives and call center associates that make up our Customer Experience Team in the headquarters of Transtar Industries, the world leader in transmission and drivetrain parts distribution. The ideal candidate will contribute to this team's achievement of best in history performance, while participating in redefining and transforming the team to meet the growing needs of our customer base - both internal and external. The team's mission is to drive improvement and efficiencies in sales and customer service to deliver an unequaled customer experience. This is a highly visible position within the headquarters team and has the potential for great upward mobility opportunities.
WHY IS THIS ROLE SO VITAL?:
The role's expectation spans 5 key areas of performance:
- Support and contribute towards the sales team's achievement of revenue and profitability goals.
- Play an integral role in the team's support of our nationwide internal and external customers and be a key driver of providing the greatest customer experience possible.
- Actively pursue opportunities to provide input and guidance to management on best practices and ideas to find additional ways to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Participate in the implementation of new national initiatives such as transend training and new product launches within our eCommerce platform.
- The primary function of this position within the team is as an E-commerce Sales Support Specialist, mainly supporting E-commerce functions, but the candidate will be expected to cross train and support all functions of the team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO WITH YOUR TALENTS:
- Reply to interactive chat messages to customers and potential customers.
- Respond to E-commerce messages.
- Answer incoming/make outgoing calls to customers regarding E-commerce orders.
- Enter sales orders from customer calls.
- Process credits, manage customer returns from E-commerce.
- Provide price, availability, service times to customers.
- Confirm order shipments and provide delivery updates.
- Address customer order fulfillment issues and proactively resolve to customer's satisfaction.
- Participate in product training and provide product specific support to customers and sales reps.
- Work with Excel and Word documents.
- Navigate the JD Edwards software.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support customers and sales people on warranty processing.
- Assist branch or sales rep on quotes/supply options of non-stock complete transmissions.
- Work with Purchasing and Logistics to coordinate drop ship delivery to customers.
- Utilize company software to for tracking of orders/returns.
- Provide follow up communication with customers and vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Undergraduate degree with concentration in a business related discipline preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in an E-commerce customer service and sales environment is preferred.
- Experience using JD Edwards preferred.
- Must have the ability to work with patience and be courteous in customer relations.
- Effective writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think quickly and logically to ensure expedient response to customer inquiries.
- Must have strong organization skills.
- Assertive, analytical problem solver with a can do attitude.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Automotive experience preferred but not required.