Software Developer-Network Virtualization
Posted on Oct 5, 2019 by Flint Consulting Limited
- We're looking for experienced, talented software engineers who are passionate about advancing the state of the art and about delivering innovative products in networking and routing technologies. You will work on market-leading technologies such as EVPN and Segment Routing, in a virtualized, micro-services oriented, container-based system architecture. This is an exciting time to join our customer, as they are aggressively driving their product portfolio forward into the future of advanced networking services. You will join an agile scrum team, and coordinate activities across multiple scrums, to develop and deliver advanced routing and service features and capabilities. Contribute directly to the hands-on development, delivery, and troubleshooting of routing protocols and product features.Always continue learning and developing skills in leadership and technologies: system and network virtualization (Containers, SDN, NFV), advanced routing, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, LDP, MPLS, fast switchover technologies, Segment Routing, EVPN, Ethernet services Architect and design software within control plane technologies and across system components including data plane, device management, and virtualized containers. Drive strategic communications with presentations, white papers, slides, and ad hoc discussions to evolve and align technology strategy and to engage external and internal stakeholders.Participate in all phases of software development life cycle, including design, product validation, documentation, and solving deployment issuesWork in an agile development environment and participate in sprint activities to plan and produce rapid cycle, high quality deliverables.
Technical Experience Needed:
- Expert, deployment-tested knowledge of Multicast Control Plane protocols and Multicast integration on Embedded or virtualized systems
- Product design and delivery experience with Routers and/or MPLS Switches designed for Service Provider deployments
- Requires applied knowledge of any or all industry-standard networking protocols such as BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS, LDP, Segment Routing, EVPN.
- Design in an Embedded software development environment in C and Python languages using Yocto and BitBake development tools
- Excellent C programming and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with product cycles and the deployment journey for carrier class products in Service Provider customer environments
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science or a related discipline. Master's preferred.
If you want to make a difference in people's lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies, this is the role for you.