Senior Data Architect
Posted on Oct 5, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Sr. Data Architect
The Data Architect will build, maintain and govern an enterprise level blueprint depicting a holistic view of the organization's business strategy through the supporting technology. Provide guidance and direction to the overall technical strategy and roadmap by aligning cost-effective and reusable solutions while advancing the usage of new emerging trends and technical capabilities. Partner with Business representatives, Application Portfolio & Application Development, Engineering, Operations and Support, IT Security, Digital partners, IT Planning, and the Project Management OfficeDefine and govern a series of deliverables and processes within the organization's operating model, ensuring every aspect of architecture is thoroughly considered and effectively executed. Develop a community of practice for the proper execution of the architectural components and for the enablement of solutions architecture.
- Create, maintain, and govern architectural views and blueprints depicting the Business and IT landscape in its current, transitional, and future state.
- Recommend long-term direction on strategic advancements within the technical portfolio.
- Define and maintain standards for artifacts containing architectural content within the operating model.
- Build a Community of Practice for solutions architecture while leveraging architectural tools, processes, and practices.
- Offer insight, guidance, and direction on the usage of emerging trends and technical capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience and 10+ years in IT.
- 7+ years in the data architecture space and 3+ years with big data architectures.
- Expertise and demonstrated abilities working in large, multi-million dollar Data architecture programs.
- Experienced in SOA and Restful API architectures, with a deep understanding of web services (XSDs, WSDLs, JSON) used within an Enterprise Service Bus.
- Well versed in the Data domains (Data Warehousing, Analytics, BI, Big Data, Operational Data Store, Metadata, Master Data, Unstructured Data, ETL, ESB)
- Proven ability to work with various service transports and protocols (ie SOAP, HTTP, MQ, etc.)
- Experience developing enterprise level data standards, master data management architectures and EDW architectures with IBM DB2, Oracle, SQL Server database technologies.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Sqoop, Hive, Flume, Storm, and Kafka.
- Ability to evaluate and assess existing Legacy data assets with an eye on modernization and simplification.
- Proven experience in architecture governance, controls, and peer reviews in regards to data, security, and cloud.
- Experienced in developing architecture reference models for data governance and control.
- Ability to lead software evaluations including RFP development, capabilities assessment, formal scoring models, and delivery of executive presentations supporting a final directional recommendations.
- Responsible for creating design patterns and best practices for data and the integration of data through the enterprise.
- Responsible for creating reference architecture, and roadmap necessary to hold architecture delivery to the level of quality.
- Hands-on ability to build and manage enterprise data models, leveraging both industry and application specific service models.
- Experience with unstructured or semi-structured data design and implementation.
- Experience with data profiling tools and processes.
- Expert knowledge of normalized and dimensional modelling techniques.
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: (see below)