Security Operations Analyst
Posted on Oct 5, 2019 by Request Technology - Connor Roettig
Security Operations Analyst
As the Security Operations Analyst you will be tasked with generating solutions to complex security and business needs. You will highlight and leads the remediation of significant gaps in the security of a large enterprise.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Protect the integrity and confidentiality of company information assets while enabling business functionality in all systems and environments by supporting applicable security solutions.
- Assist in security project implementation for testing, monitoring and reporting purpose
- Provide direction on the usage of third party security solutions/tools/services with remote support providers and integration techniques.
- Partner with MSSP/external vendors providing SecOp services.
- Contribute in the evaluation of new or updated security solutions with engineering.
- Evaluate and escalate events and incidents to the Security Administration and Engineering teams based on established escalation procedures.
- Provide Real Time monitoring and timely response to alerts and anomalies generated by security tools
- Identify and develop new security detection use cases, playbooks, and alerts for use within the SIEM.
- Supports departmental and corporate goals by meeting key performance indicators and defined metrics
- Fully support and follow Change Management processes and procedures
- Help standardize documentation for support of assigned systems and applications
- Accurately record all interactions with customers in the incident management tracking tool
- Perform special assignments as required
Preferred Education & Experience
- Preferred experience of 2 or more years of working in security operations center or incident response role
- 3 or more years required of IT or IT security work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments.
- Working knowledge of at least two operating systems including but not limited to Windows Server, Unix/Linux, and Apple OSX environments required.
- 3 years of experience (minimum) and hands-on working knowledge with a variety of security technologies and processes including but not limited to:
- Firewall (such as Check Point, Fortinet, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Juniper), VPN, SEIM (Splunk),
- HIDS, malware analysis and protection, content filtering, logical access controls, data loss prevention (such as Symantec, RSA, McAfee),
- content filtering technologies
- application Firewalls (such as F5, Imperva),
- vulnerability scanners, forensics software, and security incident response.
- GIAC and ISC2 certifications such as CISSP are highly preferred.
- Splunk certifications are preferred.
- Familiarity with audit support and response, and regulatory compliance (Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and PCI-DSS)
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a complex environment
- Solid understanding of standard business processes including Change Management, Problem Management, Work Prioritization, Quality Assurance, and Continuous Improvement best practices, etc.
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and conflict management skills
If interested in this role please email Connor Roettig with your resume at (see below)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$75k - $95k Annual
$100k - $130k Annual