Service Designer - Innovation Hub - World Leading Energy Co.
Posted on Oct 5, 2019 by Eaglecliff Recruitment
World Leading Global Energy Oil Company has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Designer to connect all of their top level design across multiple projects within their Digital Ventures area which is changing the way in which this Oil Supermajor designs, builds and launches digital products and services.
This dynamic team works in cross-functional venture teams that act like start-ups and which work collaboratively to solve business problems and explore new opportunities.
This new venture sets out to do things differently; taking a unique approach, balancing human-centred design with an agile technology capability to tackle complex wicked problems in original ways. With a great variety of potential projects in the portfolio, there are many different areas to investigate, so you'll certainly not be bored!
We're looking for a Service Designer with the ability to tackle a complex problem area in terms of people, industry and scenario. Candidates should be able to plan, manage and execute a course of work, be highly independent, confident in their abilities and flexible enough to adapt to a fluid project landscape.
Responsibilities and Deliverables may include:
- Planning and undertaking first hand contextual research with a wide range of different customers, partners, and stakeholders to understand their current state experience
- Mapping of multiple current state service/experience journeys
- Mapping complex current state service ecosystemsIdentifying and framing opportunities
- Facilitating the collaborative mapping of internal business initiatives and systems which underpin the current state experiences
- Designing and running collaborative and co-design workshops with internal teams to explore, and define opportunities
- Supporting collaborative prioritisation and roadmapping of opportunities that sit across the business (from quick wins to longer term strategic opportunities)
- Human centred design approach and strong grasp of service design tools, methods, and approaches
- Experience across all phases of the design process (discover, define, develop, deliver) and very strong research, analysis and synthesis, and opportunity framing skills
- Have applied the design process to complex service ecosystems
- Experience with working closely with the business and key stakeholders
- Strong visual thinking and communication skills, including experience with communicating complex user/service journeys
- Experience with developing and framing service principles, opportunity areas, and recommendations for business capabilities (across people, process, and technology)
- Workshop design and facilitation skills
- Experience with developing operating and service delivery models
- Very comfortable using Adobe Creative Suite
- Working closely with: Lead Service Designer, Head of Design & Innovation, Product Manager, and various other key project stakeholders.
Bonus experience (nice to have but not necessary):
- Experience with working in commercial/B2B space
- Experience with complex logistics and/or supply chains
- Any experience with the marine and/or oil & gas sector
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.