Lead Software Engineer
Posted on Oct 5, 2019 by ITech Consult
Lead Software Engineer
Our client provides compliance management software that enables companies around the world to reduce their risk of misconduct. Their platform lets compliance professionals demonstrate they are proactively managing the regulated activities of employees, third-party vendors and other agents of the firm.
They are currently looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer, a talented self-starter with a broad technical skill set. The chosen candidate will have a solid understanding of the software development cycle; from requirement gathering through software development, testing and maintenance.
They are looking for an independent thinker, who is driven and motivated, who stands for quality and commitment to building real expertise. The willingness to do whatever is needed to move the needle and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
This role is essential for product development. The Senior Software Engineer reports directly to the Software Development Manager. The role is responsible for creating new features to enable platform evolution
* Work as a lead developer as part of the development team who are responsible for our client's platform
* Actively provide product enhancements in an Agile environment always focused on the product life cycle
* Interact with the Product and the Quality Assurance teams in Ireland
* Work with the team members across the globe
* Contribute to scrum sessions and the overall improvement in our development process
* BS in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area, or 7+ years of experience in IT field (working with Java/J2EE environment)
* IT Experience with at least 5+ years with Java/JEE (Backend)
* Solid knowledge in Computer Science: Data Structures, Algorithms, multithreaded development, and overall Software Design
* Solid Knowledge of ANSI SQL
* Solid Knowledge of JBoss Application Server/Wildfly
* Solid Knowledge of Scrum methodology
* Solid Knowledge with test tools like JUnit, Arquillian, JMeter, Postman, etc.
* Proficiency with Git and Git flow, or another distributed VCS
* Proficiency with IntelliJ/Eclipse
* Proficiency with Spring framework
* Deep knowledge of HTTP REST API
* Experience with unit and integration tests, and Continuous Integration
* Ability to provide accurate and reliable input into development estimations
* Ability to identify and escalate technical issues in an effective manner and effectively resolve these in conjunction with the rest of the team and/or the customer
* Capable of working independently to resolve issues and/or identify solutions
* Keen interest in technology and an active awareness of the technical directions and new tools and techniques appearing in the marketplace
* Availability to travel
* Knowledge of the financial sector
* Experience with the complete life cycle of web applications/products
* Ability to work as part of a software development team
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918524FK
Role: Lead Software Engineer
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.