Windows Server Administrator
Posted on Oct 5, 2019 by Hadron Finsys GmbH
We are seeking an experienced Windows Server Administrator with at least 5 years' experience in server/system administration to join our team.
We are a small and diverse group of system engineers that collaborate to provide engineering solutions and support to the main organization. The range is wide, anything from MS AD to Azure is our responsibility. The environment is fast-paced, requiring an ability to work autonomously and to manage aggressive delivery schedules.
Suitable candidates should have excellent problem-solving skills and a passion to improve existing processes and systems. The right mix of technical, organizational, and communication skills is key to success. Attention to detail and a proven ability to manage priorities are essential.
- Expert knowledge of MS Windows Server
- Technical experiences or one of the following certifications: Microsoft MCSE, HP ASE, AWS
- Good knowledge of MS Active Directory and group policies
- User and group management, file permissions, security
- Experience managing services with cloud provider such as Microsoft 365, Azure, and AWS is good to have.
- Experience in the HPE hardware is good to have
- Familiarity with a multitude of health tools and utilities for managing, monitoring and troubleshooting Windows server infrastructure and networks
- Expert knowledge of system administration and remote management of blade and Windows Servers
- Experience with Datacenter management, server upgrades, O/S and firmware patching
- Expert troubleshooting and diagnostic skills and providing support to Operations personnel
- Experience supporting mission critical systems 24x7x365 including regular on-call for after-hour and weekend support
- Experience with business continuity/disaster recovery failover/failback and runbook documentation
- Ability to prioritize multiple assigned tasks and execute parallel tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of Linux is an advantage
- Experience with cybersecurity, server hardening, and DMZ deployment
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Must be able to perform duties with minimum supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as schedule