Graduate Environmental Consultant
Posted on Oct 4, 2019 by OHES Environmental
Location: Central Belt, Scotland
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm
About the Company:
The Environmental Consultancy of the Adler and Allan Group is a multi-disciplinary consultancy operating across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. The consultancy has grown and diversified over the last 16 years to a point where the business is led and staffed by some of the most professional and experienced consultants in the UK marketplace. In response to client demands, the Company have constructed a number of product bundles from their full range of services, which are designed to overcome environmental challenges in specific markets and sectors.
Graduate Environmental Consultant Responsibilities:
* Undertaking field works including accurately recording measurements, carrying out environmental monitoring and collecting soil, water and air samples.
* Supporting senior colleagues in the delivery of Environmental Consultancy projects as well as supporting team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices at all levels.
* Provision of accurate and timely information to line management including all admin tasks.
* Prepare and schedule samples for appropriate laboratory analysis and liaise with the laboratory.
* Ensure field equipment is maintained and calibrated as required.
* Any other task assigned by supervision for which the post holder is qualified and experienced to undertake.
Graduate Environmental Consultant Requirements:
* A degree in a relevant earth science, or geo-environmental discipline
* Experience of environmental assessment or monitoring and in the collection of field data would be an advantage but is not essential as all training will be provided; awareness of relevant environmental guidance, legislation and of the wider environmental risk reduction sector would be of benefit.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, workforce and clients at all levels as well as excellent organisational and time-management skills.
* The successful candidate will be mentored and supervised to undertake tasks associated with the role of Environmental Consultant with the long-term objective being the post holder provided with career opportunity and appointed in the future as an Environmental Consultant.
* Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
* Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft applications.
* Possession of a full, clean UK driving licence is essential for this role.
Graduate Environmental Consultant Benefits:
* 25 days holiday including bank holidays
* Pension Scheme
* Company vehicle
If you believe you are suitable for the Graduate Environmental Consultant role then please apply now!