Senior Environmental Consultant
Posted on Oct 4, 2019 by OHES Environmental
Location: Scotland (Nationwide)
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm
About the Company:
The Environmental Consultancy of the Adler and Allan Group is a multi-disciplinary consultancy operating across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. The consultancy has grown and diversified over the last 16 years to a point where the business is led and staffed by some of the most professional and experienced consultants in the UK marketplace. In response to client demands, the Company have constructed a number of product bundles from their full range of services, which are designed to overcome environmental challenges in specific markets and sectors.
Senior Environmental Consultant Responsibilities:
* Project management with support/training from the regional team, finance and consultancy support teams.
* Arrange site works (including investigation and remediation works) in accordance with scope including communication with relevant parties; site investigation design.
* Supervise site investigations, remediation works and verification/validations, and perform associated sampling and monitoring; manage contractors on-site and maintain high standards of health and safety and quality.
* Schedule samples for appropriate laboratory analysis and liaise with the laboratory.
* Prepare reports including preliminary risk assessments, interpretive site investigation reports and site verification/validation reports.
* Assisting Principal Environmental Consultants in the development and training of less experienced team members as well as identifying and sharing opportunities for the wider A&A group.
* Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring consistently high levels of safety, technical robustness, commercial awareness, organisation and customer satisfaction.
* Perform other duties as required by the consultancy division and other areas of the business in order to meet business needs.
Senior Environmental Consultant Requirements:
* A degree in a relevant earth science or geo-environmental related discipline and ideally some professional qualifications while working towards Chartership with a relevant organisation; knowledge of the available site investigation techniques, and experience of supervising a variety of such techniques.
* Applicants should possess a working knowledge of relevant environmental guidance, regulation and legislation, be proficient in logging soil / rock in accordance with BS5930 and an understanding in the development and updating of CSMs.
* Experience of working on contaminated land projects.
* Experience of working with petroleum hydrocarbon contamination would be of particular benefit.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, workforce and clients at all levels; awareness of the available remediation techniques for soil and groundwater and an understanding of chemical analyses which can be performed on soil, water and air samples.
* Excellent organisational and time-management skills
* Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft applications
* Awareness of the wider environmental risk reduction sector.
* Possession of a full, clean UK driving licence is essential for this role.
Senior Environmental Consultant Benefits:
* 25 days holiday including bank holidays
* Home based working
* Pension Scheme
* Company Vehicle
If you believe you are