Posted on Oct 4, 2019 by Public Opinion Strategies
Public Opinion Strategies is an award-winning, nationally recognized political and public affairs research firm with a reputation for providing strategic information that gives our clients a winning edge. As the largest political and public affairs firm in the country, Public Opinion Strategies has helped elect over 90 new members to Congress, more than any other polling firm. POS has completed over 22,000 research projects, including over 9.5 million interviews across the U.S. and in 20 countries. Working with the Fortune 500 and industry associations, our work in complex public policy includes corporate image, community relations, and crisis management. At Public Opinion Strategies, we provide strategic information through solid advice and accurate numbers to make the difference.
We are growing our team and are seeking Research Analysts to support our Partners on research survey projects and public policy. Ideal candidates are motivated self-starters with a strong interest in Republican politics, with the desire to work on a variety of current topics and with candidates from different geographies, and with the interest to learn new skills daily.
· Analysis - using complex data to create charts and data tables using MS Office and survey tools
· Presentation - producing reports and presentations from findings, including PowerPoint decks and talking points for presentation to Partners and members of the senior team
· Consulting - making data-driven recommendations based on the research to compel decisions
· Business Acumen - managing difficult tasks while going the extra mile to deliver superior results, navigating the casual business atmosphere and client expectations
· Communication - clear oral and written communication to deliver high-quality research results
· Development - the personal passion to learn new skills and enhance existing skills, especially with regard to data, survey research, politics, and public policy
At POS, we value a strong commitment to detail, being data-driven, the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects, strong computer skills, and a curiosity to learn and grow within our company. We offer a competitive salary and bonus, an exceptional benefits package, including 100% company-paid medical and dental within a top tier plan, 100% company-paid profit sharing, commuter benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and the opportunity to grow professionally from direct work with our nationally recognized Partners.
The Research Analyst position is full-time, located in our Alexandria, VA, headquarters, conveniently located within walking distance to 2 METRO stations. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to .
For more information on Public Opinion Strategies, please visit our website at .
Public Opinion Strategies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.