Lead Application Architect
Posted on Oct 4, 2019 by Independent Software
Lead Application Architect
Location: Plainsboro, NJ
Duration: 6 month contract
Our client is seeking a Lead Application Architect who would be responsible for understanding and improving the quality of data models, data flows and data processing for operational systems owned by Marketing as well as managing external resources responsible for development of analytics solutions.
Major tasks will include:
- Development and management of implementation plans targeted to improve data model/flow/processing quality;
- Establishment of benchmarks and metrics to measure data model and data flow quality;
- Development of reporting mechanisms to show performance against benchmarks and metrics used to measure data model/flow/processing quality;
- Creation and maintenance of data model and data flow documentation for applicable systems;
- Establishment of standards for new data models/flows/processing brought into the Marketing Systems portfolio.
- Management of analytics initiatives for Marketing-owned operational systems
- Systems/environments in scope will include Integrated Campaign Management (e-mail/SMS/other digital campaigns), Patient Centric Call Center, Conventions Marketing, Adobe Experience Manager, and other Marketing-owned operational systems.
Reports to Director, Business Applications, IT, Marketing Systems. The position interacts with multiple NNI internal functions, such as Omnichannel Campaign Operations, Marketing Operations, Market Development/HCP Engagement, Commercial Operations Planning and Project Management, IT Project Management, IT Systems Management, as well as external operational vendors and agencies.
- Support data model and data flow integrity efforts for applicable systems
- Codify and work with internal and external partners to successfully complete implementation plans targeted to improve data model and data flow quality
- Ensure periodic reporting against quality benchmarks established for data models/data flows;
- Support the creation of high-level data architecture designs based on requirements that have been defined at initiative/project scoping/requirements phases
- Collaborate with other solution architects to adopt and drive data architecture standards which are focused on realizing business value
- Serve as data representative to support project delivery by providing direction and input to resolve design issues associated with challenging solution or technical architecture(s)
- Review solution designs and participate in data model, data flow, and data testing reviews as part of delivery projects
- Act as the escalation point for data model or data flow problems that development or project teams are unable to resolve without assistance by using hands-on technical skills
- Provide support to design, construction and testing phases of project(s) to ensure high quality delivery
- Develop a wide and deep understanding of NNI Marketing data and business objectives to support teams in delivering high quality outcomes
- Author documentation, review deliverables and ensure compliance to documentation standards
- Provide resolutions for data-related system failures, research data resolutions and support root-cause investigations
- Oversee migration of data from Legacy systems to new solutions
- Educate stakeholders on good data modelling/flow/processing practices through training and individual support
- Manage consulting partner resources tasked with development and maintenance of analytics solutions for Marketing-owned systems (e-campaign management, speaker and other consulting programs, call center, etc.)
- Learn and work with new and emerging technologies in the data space - Redshift, EMR Spark, Athena, Glue, Spectrum - and add to the technology stack as this aligns to business-desired outcomes
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field required. Solid relevant experience may be substituted when appropriate.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Additional certifications a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in Computer Science, IT, programming/systems analysis or other related experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience or cross-functional team lead experience required.
- Ability to act as a project lead to a cross-functional project team in the development and implementation of processes and programs.
- Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel on technical matters.
- Demonstrated problem solver with the ability to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex data-related problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill at all levels.
- Experience with pharmaceutical marketing platforms and data (eg Adobe/Salesforce/Informatica/Veeva) a plus.
- Expert knowledge of systems analysis and design techniques.
- Knowledge of project and system development methodologies, especially Agile.
- Knowledge of operating systems, relational database architectures, query languages and interface, standard programming environments, data integration tools, application integration solutions, and web-based information solutions.
- Knowledge of testing techniques that ensure that all business or technical requirements are appropriately met.
- Prior vendor management experience preferred.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in applying systematic and rigorous analytics methods to improve data-related business processes.
- Knowledge of BI and analytical tools such as Qlik, Tableau, etc. as well as management of consulting partners tasked with implementation of solutions on these platforms
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.