Senior Middleware Engineer/IBM DataPower
Posted on Oct 4, 2019 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Sr. Middleware Engineer with IBM DataPower experience. Candidate will support the systems responsible for application delivery within the Infrastructure. This role is responsible for handling requests for new or updated services and applications, as well as troubleshooting and remedying incidents and problems within the Middleware technical domain. The Sr. Middleware Engineer is expected to participate as part of a technical team responsible for the overall support and management of the Middleware domain and be the subject matter expert for this team on issues pertaining to DataPower technology. The Sr. Middleware Engineer will also participate on projects in which they are required to with cross functional teams in pursuit of a common goal and will at times lead these cross functional teams in support of initiatives or issue resolution.
- Support DataPower and other SOA/Web Service technologies up to and including production environment
- Participate in API design and integration sessions
- Generate reports for the DataPower platform for error, capacity and traffic analysis
- Perform day-to-day maintenance for company owned DataPower appliances
- Provide input and recommendations for architectural improvements
- Install, Configure, troubleshoot and deploy applications in an enterprise Middleware (WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, Node.js, etc.) environment.
- Lead cross functional teams in support of initiatives and enterprise level projects. A Sr. Middleware Engineer is expected to be able to plan for and lead other technical engineers in the delivery of an enterprise solution. Understand how other technologies (network, security and databases) impact and contribute to an overall enterprise level solution.
- Partner with Engineers, Administrators, Architects, Developers and Project Managers to plan and implement applications.
- Create and document detailed technical designs for use within delivery of projects.
- Utilize best practices and provide recommendations to improve application and system performance.
- Define, track and maintain system configuration documents and standards.
- Responsible for providing 24/7 on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
- 4+ years of experience supporting current IBM DataPower appliance technologies
- Able to design and build REST/SOAP Web Service API's
- Able to create request transformation policies and scripts within DataPower environments
- Able to perform capacity analysis and growth projections
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostics skills
- Bachelor's degree in the Computer Science, Information Services, Mathematics, Engineering or related field or its equivalent in terms of experience is required.
- 6+ years of experience working with Java application delivery systems (WebLogic, JBOSS, Tomcat, and/or WebSphere.) is required.
- 6+ years of experience supporting web based delivery systems (Apache and/or IIS) is required.
- 2+ years of experience designing and supporting Web Services Standards and Technologies (XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, DDI, REST, etc.)
- Effective communication skills required both laterally and up to influence decisions and actions.
- Experience designing infrastructure and supporting applications in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment.
- The ability to understand and construct Firewall rules that securely enable the delivery of applications.
- Experience developing and implementing Role-Based Security Models for Middleware environments including integration with enterprise Identity Management services (LDAP) providers.
- Experience designing and supporting Cloudera Hadoop Ecosystem (or similar Big Data Infrastructure).
- Experience working with key office automation tools such as Visio, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience utilizing application monitoring tools such as APM, App Dynamics, and OEM.