Developer - Database (Sybase/Oracle/SQL Server)
Posted on Oct 4, 2019 by Vivid Resourcing Ltd
Developer- Database (Sybase/Oracle/SQL Server)- Amsterdam (6 months)
Your role is very varied and no two days are the same, but your main tasks/deliverable are:
Analysing and Designing, Developing and Adapting the complex software applications; Integrating programs and functionality on multiple platforms; Performing tests of various types Driving Continuous Delivery improvements..
Additionally, you're making a concrete contribution to make optimal running of the Scrum process. Because good teamwork in our view is essential for achieving the best results, we also find it very important that you play a positive role within your team.
Your work environment
You will work in the GS Risk Vortex team delivering IT solutions and services for the COO Risk. The Vortex teams operate accordion the Scrum Agile development process. The focus is on high-quality secure-critical software delivered in time.
Main development technologies include: Sybase IQ and ASE, Java and Perl all running on the Linux OS. We will be migrating to Oracle technology in one year.
We are looking for a driven and analytical Database Developer (Sybase/Oracle/SQL Server)
You are able to quickly analyse needs and wishes of users and has the technical skills to develop the most secure and reliable applications. You feel personally responsible for the goal that you pursue with your team, you take where necessary leadership to help your immediate colleagues to achieve the common goal and you have the social skills to fulfil this role.
You also have:
- A completed study at least at HBO level;
- At least 5 years of experience in a relevant (IT) function within a development environment of a large and complex organisation
- Senior expertise in Database (Sybase/Oracle/SQL Server)
- At least 3 years of experience of working in large data warehouses (> 1 TB)
- Extensive banking experience, preferably in the area of Credit Risk.
- Experience with working in cross-functional BizDevOps teams using the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience with automating working processes
- You are also proficient in the Dutch and English language written as well as verbally and are able to learn quickly new techniques.
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.