Senior Data Scientist
Posted on Oct 4, 2019 by Consol Partners
Senior Data Scientist (Contract)
A leading technology business
- Contribute to rapid development of validated minimum viable solution addressing these needs. This includes working with petabytes of network data, and proposing/selecting/testing predictive models, recommendation engines, anomaly detection systems, statistical model, deep learning, reinforcement learning and other machine learning systems
- Lead studies and creative usage of new and/or existing data sources. Work with architects to leverage existing data models and build new ones as needed.
- Collaborate with product development teams and partners in Businesses to industrialize machine learning models and solutions including providing source code, workflows and documents
- Develop new and apply/extend existing, concepts, methodologies, techniques for cross functional initiatives.
- MS, or PhD in Electrical Engineer, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related field
- 2+ years of Machine Learning experience in data science.
- Demonstrated practical understanding of the specification, design, documentation, coding, testing and release of commercial software;
- Strong Programming skills in various languages (Python, Scala, Java, R or C++)
- Proven skills in Machine Learning, eg, linear/logistics regression discriminant analysis, bagging, random forest, Bayesian model, SVM, neural networks, etc.
- Strong skills in the use of current state of the art machine learning frameworks such as Scikit-Learn, H2O, Keras, TensorFlow and Spark, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new algorithms and methodologies from leading open source initiatives and research papers addressing their functionalities, scalability and overall industrialization viability
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop etc
- Strong knowledge in Statistics, eg, descriptive analysis and supervised and unsupervised analysis
- Problem solving ability and lateral thinking capability;
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines to accomplish objectives;
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel;
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic.
We are a leading consultancy in the niche IT sector. We work with companies ranging from small start-ups to multinational conglomerates on both permanent and freelance positions.
ConSol Partners focus only on niche markets to give unrivalled access to our extensive network of highly skilled candidates so we can delivery only the highest quality to our clients.
Founded in 2008, ConSol Partners are one of the world's leading technology recruitment brands with headquarters in the City of London and international offices in Los Angeles, Austin & Berlin. ConSol Partners provide permanent and contract recruitment solutions to FTSE & Fortune 500 companies, global brands and start-ups across the Internet supply chain of Communications, Cloud and Digital.