Data Analyst Engineering Manager - Asset Management - Permanent
Posted on Oct 4, 2019 by McCabe & Barton
My client, a leading asset manager based in The City are seeking a Data Analyst Engineering Manager, responsible for acting as the primary interface between technology infrastructure and a specific business/functional area. Incumbents will help define business requirements, create application and process specifications, coordinate with delivery teams, and ensure that work is prioritised by business value and in alignment with the overarching business and technical strategies.
I am looking for a hands-on Data Analyst Engineering Manager to join an enterprise data team responsible for establishing and owning a firm-wide single source of truth for security and index reference data with core analytics, serving a wide ranging and sophisticated consumer/customer base including Quant Research, Investment Risk, Performance Attribution as well as Global Trading and Operations groups.
The solution will be AWS Cloud based, using predominately Bloomberg PolarLake products and services leveraging data from Bloomberg Data License, multiple index vendors and Middle Office service providers, with a data ingest/distribution pipeline supporting multiple consumer access patterns primarily via API endpoints.
This role will work closely with senior leaders in the business and technology groups together with external vendors to understand current and future service needs, develop and manage detailed plans, coordinate and drive the roadmap from strategy to execution using an agile, test-learn-optimize approach that generates real impact.
The successful candidate will have a passion for data services and building world class data solutions, a lean-in mindset, equally happy in business/technical detail, and leading, communicating and championing at senior levels.
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of products/flows within supported businesses
- Articulates broader business concerns and/or regulatory landscape, including key risks and controls
- Makes decisions that are cognizant of the firm's broader business strategy
- 10+ years' experience typically
- Stays current with many best-of-breed technologies championing innovative ideas
- Stays abreast of industry trends and technologies and knows when/how/if to apply them appropriately
- Converses in many technologies and learns new technologies quickly
- Communicates architectural vision across the portfolio to all stakeholders
- Identifies impacts across the entire portfolio and coordinates across senior levels to manage dependencies and potentially competing priorities
- Considers the operational aspects of a system, long-term supportability, maintenance, etc.
- Strong SQL proficiency
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Data architecture, data model and metadata analysis & design expertise
- AWS cloud experience
- Experience of object-oriented programming language eg Python, R - programmatic prototyping capabilities
- Knowledge of statistical modelling, big data analysis and machine learning
- Experience of Bloomberg PORT/Barclays POINT, Yield Book, quant & risk analytics
- Understanding of ATDD, TDD and test automation