Firmwide Records Manager
Posted on Oct 3, 2019 by WatCam
Major downtown Cleveland law firm is seeking a Firmwide Records Manager to oversee all supervision and operation of the Firmwide records department across all offices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the overall operations of the Records Department for all Firm offices.
- Assists in the creation and manages the implementation of information governance policies and procedures, and works with Risk Management Counsel to ensure compliance with legal standards.
- Prepares and monitors the Records Department budget.
- Conducts on-going training of Records and Support staff, monitoring individual and collective work product, assisting with problem resolution as needed.
- Manages the lateral arrival/departure process for client files. Works closely with IT to develop and streamline processes for records.
- Research and provide continuous improvement strategies for the office, managing and driving change objectives related to records, including a paperless office.
- Implements records management and records retention policies and procedures; ensuring compliance with legal standards.
- Oversees opening and organization of files, offsite storage and retrieval of files.
- Responsible for monitoring off-site storage vendor contracts.
- Responsible for the enforcement of the Firm's Records Retention Policy, Procedures and Schedules for all Firm offices.
- Ensures that Records Department staff communicate properly and promptly with firmwide personnel and external clients at all times and that they exhibit a high level of customer service at all times
5+ years of records management in a law firm or legal department of a corporation, Bachelor Degree preferred, ARMA or CRM certification preferred, MS Office and records management database proficiency required. Must be available to travel as needed.