Senior Technical Solutions Lead
Posted on Oct 3, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Senior Tech Lead Architect. This individual will be implementing tools and methods to risk evaluation and monitoring as a member of the credit analytics and reporting team. This person will develop, architect, engineer, design, and implement appropriate Big Data applications that support the credit risk and analytics big data analytics platform. This person needs to have 10+ years of applications solution architecture development experience with 3+ years of experience with cloud and big data tools.
- Able to Create roadmap and prototype design solutions for systems, educate others on design of solution and standards, review code and provide constructive feedback on improvement, research and recommend changes in software development standards and processes.
- Make suggestions and recommend about Big Data platform, Cloud and technology adoption, including database Servers, application Servers, libraries, and frameworks.
- Collaborate on projects with architecture, strategy and Information security teams to on-board Big Data platform (application patterns).
- Business Communication - engage with internal teams, project teams and business areas to discuss issues and document or explain technical solutions in a simplified meaningful way.
- Collaborate on projects with architecture, strategy and Information security teams to on-board Cloud platform (Cloud patterns).
- Participate in design reviews of architecture patterns for service/application deployment in cloud(AWS).
- Collaborate with platform pillar (Cloud, Big Data, Database, Middleware etc.) leads to build-out the components for Big Data and Cloud Platform.
- Typically, 10+ years of Applications solution architecture development experience with 3+ years of Cloud (AWS, Azure and Google) and Big Data tools and technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, related field or equivalent work experience
- A passion for data, and several years of hands-on experience leading data engineering projects, such as data architecture and data warehouse implementation projects.
- Experience in building solutions on large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- Strong technical background/subject matter expertise - experience as technical lead or architect on a Big Data development team.
- Have developed systems based on key principles (consistency and availability, liveness and safety, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, consensus algorithms)
- Strong solution delivery experience in Hortonworks Hadoop echo system; Must be very familiar with Hive, Zookeeper, HBASE, Spark, HDFS, Apache Ranger etc.
- Working experience of building and managing data pipelines on On-Premise and AWS Cloud data platforms using Sqoop, NiFi, Kafka, kinesis etc.
- Experience in designing and implementing multi-terabyte data warehouses in MPP columnar database systems, such as Vertica and Redshift.
- Experience working with data streaming technologies (Kinesis, Kafka etc.)
- Expertise with AWS technology stack and deployment (Docker, Jenkins, Lambda, etc.)
- Prior experience in migrating on premise data platforms implementation to a cloud based implementation