Club Shop Manager
Posted on Oct 3, 2019 by Colchester United Football Club
Job Title: Colchester United Club Shop Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
Location: Colchester United Football Club
The role is to manage all aspects of the Colchester United Club Shop and maximise sales income and profitability. You will be required to manage all retail sales, monitor and manage stock levels, maintain the stock management and till systems deliver exceptional levels of customer service, produce regular management reports and manage and develop the Online Store.
The role is hands-on and involves working as part of a team within the football club.
Working with Colchester's Head of Retail to deliver the Club's retail strategy, the successful applicant must be able to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear communication, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail. They must work well under pressure, ensuring the smooth and efficient running and delivery of the retail department.
- Manage and develop an efficient and profitable retail arm of Colchester United Football Club.
- Maximise sales income and profitability, ensuring all items are merchandised and priced correctly.
- Monitor and manage all retail stock and merchandise.
- Deliver exceptional levels of customer service.
- Produce weekly and monthly sales reports for management.
- Research and plan new products and promotional activity to ensure retail growth.
- Manage annual and rolling stocktakes to ensure system counts and physical counts are consistent.
- Manage inter-department stock transfers.
- Provide support and cover for the Ticket Office at peak times.
- Flexibility within role and must be available to work scheduled hours, including weekends and evenings when required..
- Strong teamwork, communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with particular attention to detail.
- Dedicated to offering first class service.
- Strong time-management and able to work under pressure whilst maintaining professionalism.
- IT competent, ideally with experience of retail systems.
Hours of Work:40 hours per week to cover match days, evening matches and major events.
£18,500 to £21,500 dependent on experience.