Hadoop Data Software Engineer
Posted on Oct 3, 2019 by ComTech Europe Limited
As Data SW engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Participate to the definition of the needs and writing of the User Stories
- Collaborate with Data Scientist to the development of the Advanced Analytics modules
- Participate to the Data Architecture and modelling on an Hadoop platform
- Develop modules related to the Data ingestion, Datamodelling and Data aggregation
- Ensure quality of the development using Continuous Integration framework
You have a proven experience of at least 2-3 years as a Data SW Engineer.
This experience covers following technical skills:
- Strong hands-on experience in SW development on an Hadoop environment
- Strong knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem: Hortonworks (Hadoop, Spark, Nifi, Oozie )
- Good knowledge of specific Advanced Analytics framework and libraries: PySpark, H2O, Python Mlib
- Strong knowledge of Scala and Python
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment framework: Gitlab, Jenkins, Ansible
- Knowledge of Data Visualisation framework like QlikSense is a plus
- You have a proven experience of at least 2-3 years as a Data SW Engineer
- You're quality oriented
- You're open minded team player, ready to adapt to the changing needs
- You're committed to deliver, pragmatic and solution oriented.
- Languages: English (very good in reading, writing, speaking) is a must
Customers delivers best-in-class international wholesale solutions to any communication service provider worldwide. Through its Mosaic portfolio, a comprehensive, flexible and innovative suite of solutions designed to be used individually, or collectively, meets the existing and future requirements of the global telecoms industry.
Customers headquarter is located in Brussels with regional offices in Bern, Madrid, Dubai, New York and Singapore. We also have a satellite office in Beijing and local representation in Accra, Cape Town, Miami, Montevideo, Nairobi and Toronto. Our team continuously strives to provide our customers with the highest levels of quality, reliability and enabling them to maximise their end-user value.
With our successful consolidation strategy, and a continuing focus on technological advancement and innovation, we have achieved a world-leading position in the international Voice and Mobile Data markets
To join our Advanced Analytics Center of Excellence, we are looking for a Data Engineer. He/she will participate to the development of our Advanced Analytics platform.
The Advanced Analytics Center of Excellence is part of the Solution Development Team and delivers
Advanced analytics Use Cases related to our Voice and Mobility business. The Data Engineer will be involved in the development of the Use Cases on our Hadoop platform and the elaboration of a solid Back End architecture.