Maintenance Mechanic - CNC
Posted on Oct 3, 2019 by Advanced Manufacturing Careers
This 80+ year old company is looking to add to their team as they make the transition to a next-generation production facility, with a focus on creating the "shop of the future". With a total of 6 facilities, this organization produces high-performance automotive parts and takes pride in their long-tenured employees. This position will reside in their Torrance location, which houses 300 employees and 80 CNC machines.
In this role, you will be given responsiblity of troubleshooting various types of industrial equipment and ensuring Planned Maintenance (PM) procedures are completed, as well as support the creation and documentation of PM procedures.
There are currently 3 shifts available for this role:
- 1st shift - 6: 00 AM - 2:30 PM
- 2 nd shift - 2:45 PM to 11:15 PM
- 3 rd shift - 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM
Benefits include: 2 weeks of PTO, sick time, 10 holidays (with company shut down between Christmas and New Year), a strong medical, dental and vision insurance package, a 401k with company match, and fun company events such as annual car shows, parties, etc.
- Maintain and repair all assets to ensure their proper operating condition
- Provide preventative and reactive maintenance on various complex CNCs - 5 axis milling, mill turn applications, horizontal and vertical lathes
- Troubleshoot and repair control & electrical system failures involving - PLCs, HMIs, servomotors, servo amplifiers, Input/Output, field sensors, etc
- Troubleshoot and repair various machine tool hydraulic & pneumatic systems - actuators, valves, pumps, filters, etc
- Troubleshoot, adjust and repair machine tool mechanical systems - ballscrews, linear rails, guideways etc
- Perform regular CNC geometry assessments to validate machine accuracy
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Must have knowledge of Haas, Makino, Mori Seki CNC equipment
- Experience with 5 axis machines a plus!
- Must have knowledge of multiple types of shop equipment
- 3+ years of maintenance technician experience
- 3+ years of experience with hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical repair
- Ability to: Work varying shifts weekends and holidays
AMC is an an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.