Senior Service Designer
Posted on Oct 3, 2019 by Berkeley Square IT Ltd
Senior Service Designer
£550pd (umbrella only) | 6 months | central London | BPSS/DBS
My government client is looking for a talented Senior Service Designer for to play a pivotal role in an extremely complex and high-impact project in central London.
The first four elements of the project - service mapping; iterative prototyping and testing for commercial off-the-shelf; developing a portfolio of digital service delivery opportunities; and content design for HR, finance, payroll and procurement services - could not be done without a Service Designer with extensive experience researching, mapping, and communicating about complex inter-related systems.
A clear understanding of the options available and ability to test and compare various alternatives will enable the team to make good decisions throughout the project, and reduce the risk of choosing and/or developing unsatisfactory solutions, which would have far-reaching consequences for the department's finances and its people's morale. The value of a strong, senior service designer throughout the life cycle of this project cannot be overstated.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for a team of Web Designers
- Producing strategies and direction
- Disseminating expertise of how design decisions impact accessibility both internally and externally
- Work as part of a multi-disciplined team to design user-focused and successful services
- Deliver designs that meet web standards, ensuring that key elements are built in from the outset
- Contributing to the development and continual enhancement of products
- Partnering with colleagues to facilitate a consistent user experience
- Building relationships and work effectively with external providers, for example user testing and user experience professionals
- Communicating credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of Service Design in a Senior capacity
- Extensive experience researching, mapping, and communicating about complex inter-related systems
- Recent UK government experience
- Ability to test and compare various alternative solutions
- Line management experience
- BPSS/DBS security clearance
This is an urgent requirement and my client is looking to move quickly for the right Senior Service Designer. If you have the relevant Service Design and UK government experience, please direct any questions to Ashleigh Roberts at Berkeley Square IT (see below) or apply now for immediate consideration.
NB: As this role has been deemed to fall inside of IR35 legislation, candidates must operation using an umbrella.