Specialist Solution Architect
Posted on Oct 3, 2019 by Dixons Carphone
Solutions Architect (Payments)
A Payment Architect that will act as the technical design authority for payment solutions and related infrastructure within Dixons Carphone Group IT. Providing expert knowledge on all payment capabilities as well as work with both internal and external architects to gather, validate and analyse solution requirements. Ensuring delivery, reviews and signs-off of solution designs, high level and low-level design documents. Develop technology roadmaps to help innovate and transform the Dixons Carphone IT payment capabilities.
- Understand the business and IT requirements and write solution architecture documents that clearly articulate what needs to be done.
- Have the ability to consider, portray and present the options that are available and the ROI and TCO that are associated to these.
- Ensure that all solution architectures or architectural increments are aligned to the target enterprise architecture, standards and principles.
- Collaborate with programmes and projects and able to translate solutions into formal recommendations so that approval, priority and budget can be gained.
- Assist with the transition of projects into delivery teams and helps to ensure that knowledge is transferred, and the project is aligned with the solution architecture throughout the delivery process.
- Support the transition of new projects into the delivery teams and ongoing governance.
- Provide input to the strategic direction of technology to assist in the development of the enterprise architecture.
You will need:
- To be an expert within their area and can give guidance on which direction should be taken, whilst being appreciative of current and emerging technologies.
- Experience of working as a solution architect, within a complex technology transformation, within a significant retail or mobile telecoms business.
- Proficient in business analysis, skills to include the ability to interpret and shape requirements.
- Proven critical analysis and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work alongside the lead solution architect and the business to develop creative technology strategies for rapidly changing, highly ambiguous challenges and opportunities.
- Proven experience of developing credible and practical solution architectures which support the enterprise architecture strategy.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas in a focussed, simple and commercially relevant manner to a senior audience.
- Exceptional influencing skills, with the ability to advise and recommend with real credibility.
- Experienced in clearly articulating and portraying the solution via presentations, workshops and solution architecture documents.
- UK Payments industry experience (SEPA, CHAPS, BACS, Faster Payments).
- Experience of major payments architectures and standards in UK financial services, including ISO20022.
- Experience as a solution owner, consultant or architect in the payment industry with a proven track record in the Payments industry (if you come from a PSP or deal with APMs/PSPs on a regular basis is a plus).
- To be very knowledgeable about current industry developments such as PSD2.