GIS Specialist - Rome (40 days initial) - UN-agency
Posted on Oct 3, 2019 by infom consulting GmbH
We are looking for one "GIS Specialist" to start on short notice a 40 w/days contract (until mid/end of December) in ROME (UN agency client, EN-speaking environment, extensions are possible).
Our client is a world-famous international Organisation and a great reference in any CV! 100% on-site in Rome.
It's needed to have hands-on experience in business use-cases for mapping tools and data within the context of Agricultural Development.
- Review, evaluate and propose various data sources;
- Organize, process, visualized and publish various data sets (vector and raster) using open source tools (eg QGIS, GDAL, PostGRE/GIS, Geoserver, Geonode);
- Assist in development of automated ETL (Extract/Transform/Load) procedures,
- Assist in development of automated reporting of results,
- At least 5 years of work experience in spatial data management and processing is required.
- Experience in QGIS, ArcGIS and/or other GIS processing software at advanced user level.
- Experience in remote sensing platforms (eg remote sensing or open platforms, based on ESA or NASA/Google Eearth Engine).
- Added value would be experience with PostGRE/PostGIS/Geoserver/Geonode/GDAL.
- Strong understanding and experience in the development landscape and agriculture context
- Experience on integrating GIS data from variety of sources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are essential.
- The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described.
- The position is 100% onsite in Rome
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.