Job Role: Wind Development Consultant
Wind Estate is one of Denmark's leading energy companies specializing in the sale of environmentally friendly electricity. The company currently owns a portfolio of over 350 wind turbines located mainly in Denmark with a total capacity of 250 MW and an annual energy production of 500 GWh.
Wind Estate is a solid Danish company in constant development, built up out of the revolution of the wind industry in the early 1990s, our strategy is simply to continue to expand the company's capacity through the acquisition, operation and maintenance of older wind turbines in Denmark, as well as the development, financing, construction and operation of new wind turbine projects in the UK and Denmark.
Wind Estate is a well consolidated company with far-reaching capabilities in each area of the company. We place values such as credibility, innovation, quality and positivity high on the agenda, where the desire and willingness to go the extra mile is the driving force.
Wind Estate (UK) is a 100% subsidiary of the Wind Estate, established in 2016. The company is based out of Harrogate, North Yorkshire, focusing on development of new wind projects in Scotland.
Having developed a sizeable project development portfolio in Scotland, Wind Estate is looking to expand the company with one more employee to accompany our Wind Development Manager to facilitate further growth.
As a Wind Development Consultant, you will be involved in the process of developing new wind projects across Scotland. For the right person, this is an exciting opportunity with a large potential to grow within the industry. You will have a variety of tasks in the office in Harrogate as well as being out in the field negotiating contracts and building relationships, whilst representing the company.
We are looking for an outgoing, positive and persistent individual, with the ability to adapt to whomever you may have to negotiate with, with a can-do attitude prepared to go the extra mile.
Under guidance of the Wind Development Manager, you will be trained on the company's operating procedures and in use of relevant software and assessing and reporting methods. We do not expect you to have any experience as a project developer in the wind turbine industry, but it will be an advantage with experience from wind planning works and contract negotiations elsewhere.
Reporting to the Wind Development Manger, the main purpose of the role is to support the development of new wind projects in Scotland. The role will include the following:
- Screening and constraint mapping of new development areas
- Assessing and reporting on planning and environmental impacts of new sites
- Producing planning and environmental reports
- Liaising with external stakeholders (e.g. planning authorities, community relations, statutory consultees, landowners, grid network operators)
- Assessing wind resources, including performing wind resource measurements at site
- Designing sites and assessing routes to site
- Land Registry searching and reporting
- Negotiating agreements, including land right agreements, third-party servitudes / wayleaves and provide input into commercial decisions, ensuring best value is achieved
Skills and Experience:
- You have recently graduated with a few years of planning experience, preferably from planning of wind projects
- You have an analytical and structured approach to the tasks
- You are good at putting yourself in the place of others, are solution-oriented and understand the interaction between the different interests
- You are good in IT with experience in Microsoft office
- Ideally you are based in the North of Yorkshire, working out of the office in Harrogate with frequent trips to Scotland
- An exciting company in growth
- Great freedom and flexibility for planning your own work day
- Salary by qualification / experience
If you fit in the description above, we would love to hear from you by October 4, 2019 with the first interviews to take place on September 22, 2019. If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Wind Development Manager Charles Ashton on telephone - - or email .
All applications will be treated confidentially.