IT Security Technician
Posted on Oct 2, 2019 by Schuback Search Associates
This well-recognized, stable central North Dallas company is seeking to hire a junior to mid-level IT Security Technician to join their team.
1. Apply Information Technology security methodologies policies procedures and standards as directed to protect information availability and integrity. Documents changes as necessary
2. Process the change control requests for Information Technology ensuring all programs are documented and tested before implementation. Verifies that all approvals are obtained before program and database changes are moved into production.
3. Assist with installing and monitoring security software to control internal and external data access to protect systems. Implements programs for security reporting.
4. Ensure permissions and access to applications and systems is authorized and granted.
5. Run standard reports for management and system owners regarding security access levels and security violations.
6. Assist with the review of security needs with Information Technology personnel and end-users. Implement and maintains procedures and security controls to fulfil those requirements.
8. Assist in the creation of network monitoring solutions through automation such as RPA and manual tasks as appropriate
9. Assist with writing programs and routines in various Scripting languages to monitor network systems and Servers
Qualified candidates must have:
- 2+ years of IT Security experience (or 1 year with relative educational experience will be considered)
- Basic knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP
- Basic knowledge of security processes and procedures related to best practices
- Basic knowledge of security tools such as SIEMs, Anti-Virus, APT, IDS/IPS
Knowledge of the following is a plus:
- Certificates - Security+, CCNA Security, GCIH
- Knowledge of LogRhythm, FireEye, Palo Alto, Solarwinds, CyberArk, Carbon Black
- More than basic knowledge of NIST 800-53
- Experience in a Security Operations Center
- Experience in a Network Operation Center
Candidates must be available to work onsite in this direct hire position.