Malware Reverse Engineer
Posted on Oct 2, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Malware Reverse Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Malware Analyst/Reverse Engineer to perform malware analysis and reverse engineering in support of incident response, investigative analysis, threat hunting, and research on existing and emerging cyber threats. The role will involve in-depth analysis of static and behavioral analysis of complex malicious code utilizing various tools, including disassemblers, debuggers, hex editors, un-packers, virtual machines, and network sniffers. The candidate will perform the functions of malware analyst/reverse engineer and serve as a liaison for Threat Services for the Global Fusion Center, and mentor and collaborate with the threat hunting, incident handling/response, and forensics teams.
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Engineering,
- 5+ years overall technical experience in either reverse engineering/malware analysis, threat intelligence, incident response, security operations, or related information security field.
- 5+ years experience in application design/engineering, including but not limited to programming/Scripting, Windows/Linux system administration, RDBMS/NoSQL database administration, etc.
- 2+ years experience in penetration testing or ethical hacking
- 2+ years experience with reverse engineering tools like IDA Pro, Ghidra, OllyDbg, Windbg, and Wireshark.
- 2+ years experience of Python Scripting to automate analysis and reverse engineering tasks (and Bash or Powershell or Perl C/C++).
- 2+ years experience of x86, ARM, and x64 architectures.
- Ability to reverse engineer binaries of various types including: x86, x64, C, C++, and .NET.
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating System Internals, Windows APIs, and writing and analysing DLLs.
- Recent experience developing custom software and hardware tools to assist in performing reverse engineering and vulnerability analysis.
- Strong understanding of common network and application stack protocols, including but not limited to TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS, TLS, XML, HTTP, etc.
- Experience with security operations tools, including but not limited to:
- SIEM (eg Splunk, ArcSight)
- Indicatr management (eg ThreatConnect)
- Link/relatinship analysis (eg Maltego, IBM i2 Analyst Notebook)
- Signature develpment/management (eg Snort rules, Yara rules)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$90k - $110k Annual
$110k - $110k Annual
$100k - $110k Annual