SAP PI Application Development Expert
Posted on Oct 2, 2019 by Stamford Consultants AG
Our client, one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies based in the Basel-Area, is looking for a SAP PI Application Development Expert.
This is a remote, SOW (Statement of Work) contracting opportunity till the end of the year, with a very likely extension for the full year 2020.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Act as provider and coordinator of technical expertise in SAP integration/development technologies like PO, CPI, API management and ABAP, S/4Hana, and UI5
- Acts as gatekeeper that is responsible for completeness, and quality of development work delivered for deployment into ERP systems through formal review and acceptance/rejection of this work.
- Act as arbitrator and mediator for escalations related to technical design decisions. Coach and mentor development coordinators, developers and new joiners to achieve service line goals.
- Design, develop and implement services provided by Development Factory.
- Evaluate vendor performance by measuring KPIs
- Implements and ensures conformity and compliance to the technical standards, practices and processes that govern and control Factory Services work (eg design, development, configuration); also contributes to definition and evolution of these.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal customers, peers and external partners.
- Understands and drives application of vendor and industry-driven best practices in ERP solutions, such as code reuse and customization avoidance.
- Ensures that work activities and work product comply with all relevant regulatory and internal policy controls (eg GxP, SOX)
- Recognizes and leverages opportunities for reuse of work or techniques across ERP applications to promote efficiency and consistency.
- Provide and validate effort estimations
- Conduct interviews for key development resources
- Ensures development services are delivered on schedule and within budget
- Align customer feedback with service providers and evaluate options to improve quality of service delivery
- Evaluate new technologies and provide an assessment of the impact
- Retain critical and key know how to be able to assess services provided by vendors and third parties
- Document processes and policies used within the development factory
- Govern system access for development activities
- Education: University degree in Computer Science, Information Management or related discipline; or other degree with significant work experience in similar disciplines.
- Hands-on Experience: 10 or more years of hands-on work with relevant technologies (SAP PO, CPI, ABAP, S/4 Hana, UI5, ...) Additional functional, technical experience with related SAP and ERP tools and technologies is desirable.
- Supervisory Experience: 2 or more years in roles having accountability for the technical work of others is preferred.
- Remote/Virtual Teams: Experience demonstrating effective working with distributed or off-shore teams is preferred.
- Communication: Very strong written and verbal English is minimum requirement.
Nice to haves:
- Must have and maintain deep knowledge of relevant SAP technology and tools (SAP PO, CPI, ABAP, S/4 Hana, UI5, ..) and of application development and life cycle management theory and practice.
- Must have strong technical writing and reading skills.
- Requires strong negotiation and consensus-building skills.
- General knowledge of ITIL framework, ITIL certification preferred and specialized certification in service design and delivery ideal.
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at our website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice on our website for details on how to contact us.
To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.