Posted on Oct 2, 2019 by Source Technology
Our client, a fast-growing Software Engineering and Data science consultancy specialising in supporting the financial sector is seeking a Data Engineer.
Join a team who develop pioneering solutions that enable financial institutions to make the most valuable business decisions. As part of a progressive business you will have the opportunity to apply and expand your skills whilst having fun in doing so. Join a successful team of great like-minded people with ambition, passion and a desire to develop their talents for good both in work and in life.
As Data Engineer, you are responsible for the data management infrastructure of the in-house development platform. You will define a state-of-the-art data pipeline, considering data-science-driven developments and taking in to consideration data security.You engage in client projects to define new data-driven business cases and services for financial institutions. As expert on data infrastructure and tools you advise on data processing and management on Big Data platforms and data preparation for machine learning models.
* Define and build data management infrastructure of the in-house development platform with a focus on efficient data pipelines
* Study, evaluate and propose appropriate infrastructure and tooling
* Create data management processes and best practices for the full data life cycle
* Work directly with clients to model data landscapes, define pipelines and curate data for usage in data-driven cases and services
* Master's degree in Computer Science or similar relevant subject
* Highly experienced with relational databases and very good command of SQL
* Experience with having set up data pipeline infrastructure "from scratch"
* Experience with Big Data platforms such Spark and Hadoop
* Experience with data preparation and data scraping for machine learning models
* Programming experience (eg Python, R, Java, PL/SQL, etc.)
* Experience in banking and financial services industry
* High sense of ownership and quality
* Excellent communication skills, both towards clients and colleagues
* Very strong command of English, good command of German (verbal and written)
* Willingness to travel (mostly within Switzerland, occasionally EU/UK)
* Experience with micro-services infrastructures and related software engineering principles
* Proficiency using core banking platforms such as Avaloq
* Experience in Front End development
What we offer:
- An inclusive culture that values interdisciplinarity, freedom and responsibility
- The possibility to be part of a fast-growing company and help shape it's future
- Excellent growth and personal development opportunities
- Interesting and engaging projects
Valid working permission/visa for the EU or Switzerland
Salary: Up to CHF130,000 + Benefits