Java Developer in the Trading Industry
Posted on Oct 2, 2019 by Stamford Consultants AG
For one of our leading financial client we are looking for a Senior Core Java Developer with experience in the trading industry.
We offer you a 100% pension, 6-months contract with really high possibilities of extensions in one of the best financial companies in Switzerland.
You'll be working in the FX Derivatives team of the bank. The team provides Server Side solutions for pricing and execution of a wide range of financial instruments including FX Vanilla & Exotic Options. The programme of work has a very high profile and is recognised to be a key part of its business strategy.
- passionate about what you do, you value excellence, learning and integrity, you like a work environment that places emphasis on team work, collaboration and delivering business value while
working at a sustainable pace
- someone who is technically excellent and can aspire, and inspire others, to our values and culture
- proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements
- quick learner
- an excellent communicator, strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Design and implement solutions, writing high quality code and adhere to coding standards
- Work across full delivery cycle to ensure high quality delivery, utilizing automated testing
- Support the system/team in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
- Work as part of an agile development team and collaborate with global business and IT stakeholders
- Perform level 3 support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
Requested experience and skills:
- Strong Server Side Java skills, including expertise in multi-threaded performance critical programming
- Large-scale enterprise, object-oriented design experience and hands-on experience in building distributed systems
- Applied solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including stability, manageability, scalability, capacity and performance
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
- Working experience in agile SDLC and TDD methodology, with Git/GitHub and continuous integration
- Ability to work closely with business partners, as part of a global team, delivering iteratively
- Interest in financial industry or FX derivatives business knowledge
- Exposure to electronic trading platforms and FIX engines is an added advantage
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice on our website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.