Senior Java Developer
Posted on Oct 2, 2019 by Solas IT
Senior Java Developer
My Client is a globally recognised financial organization that provides financial services and products to consumers, corporations and many other institutions internationally. They are currently seeking a Senior Java Developer to assist in the development and maintenance of their data warehouse based reporting application.
Responsibilities of the Senior Java Developer role:
- The candidate will primarily work on enhancing the reporting platform and building new report capabilities.
- You will be required to manage day-to-day delivery of work, ensure adherence to process and quality, and identify project/program delivery risks and work on risk mitigation.
- You will work with complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting needs.
Required Experience for the Senior Java Developer role:
- Minimum of 5+ years in Core Java, Java EE, Experience with enterprise reporting systems.
- Experience in J2EE technologies and UI development.
- Experience with designing reports using JasperReports Library desirable but not a must.
- Database experience and familiarity with JDBC required.
- Self-starter who is a quick learner of new tools and technologies.
- Ability to work both independently, with other team members, and across teams
- Able to work in a multi-cultural/multi-time zone environment
- Experience with all aspects of the SDLC.
Required Qualifications and Skills for the Senior Java Developer role:
- Experience in working on multiple technologies and medium to complex systems, well versed with design standards & framework
- Able to research and solve complex technical issues in a timely manner
- Able to work as a strong team player and individual contributor in a distributed team, with the ability to mentor junior team members where necessary
- Quick learner of new tools and technologies.
- Able to work with distributed teams across multiple time zones.
- Technologies required - Core Java, Java EE, Multithreading/Concurrency, Web Services, RESTful Development, JSP, Servlets, and JSON,
- Backend Tomcat
- Tools - Well versed with Eclipse or IDEA; Test Driven development and automated testing tools like JUnit, Cucumber/Gherkins; JIRA, Maven, Sonar
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent