Posted on Oct 1, 2019 by Request Technology - Connor Roettig
As an Actuarial Analyst, you will focus on analysing data and trends for purposes of determining pricing for our agribusiness and commercial lines product offerings. Be part of a dynamic team and experience the evolving new product management structure and the ever-increasing sophistication of our rating plans and methodologies. You'll develop basic to very complex actuarial formulas leading to the recommendation of extensive and impactful strategies. Provides consultation and clarification on actuarial models and risk issues, and influences management towards courses of action that have potentially sizeable impact on products, markets, underwriting, pricing, risk management, carried reserves and/or profitability. May direct simple to complex actuarial projects simultaneously, cross-functionally, as well as aspects of very broad, large and complex initiatives. May specialize in reserve analysis for loss or loss adjustment expenses or other company liabilities, economic capital modelling, pricing/product development including determining rating and pricing structures and premiums, and/or the origination and evaluation of rate structures for new product ideas, which are complex and strategic.
- Researches and analyzes various types of data to produce rate adjustment proposals, reserve estimates or economic capital models; and/or actuarial support for filings with state insurance departments; and/or to implement new rates and rating plans, using existing procedures, recommending changes where appropriate.
- Analyzes data towards developing and proposing solutions for actuarial issues.
- Pursues a Casualty Actuarial Society designation at least through ACAS level. Maintains appropriate Continuing Education credit to maintain Actuarial credentials.
- Researches and analyzes data for special projects within a defined scope. Serves as Property/Casualty Actuarial representative for project committees as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
- 4 plus actuarial exams completed.
- Experience with Property/Casualty rate level indication process.
- Commercial and/or agribusiness pricing experience.
- Knowledge of ISO commercial lines products.
- Demonstrated ability solving basic to intermediate pricing/actuarial problems.
- Computer skills including Basic/Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office Suite and basic programming skills.
- Typically requires:
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field of study.
- At least 2 years of actuarial student or related experience
- OR, Master's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field of study experience
If interested in this role please email Connor Roettig with your resume at (see below)