Posted on Sep 30, 2019 by Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
For one of the biggest E-commerce companies worldwide we are looking for a Kubernetes Engineer. The duration of the contract is 9 months with option to extend. Location Amsterdam.
We are recruiting for an experienced Kubernetes engineer/consultant to work within the cloud team with our client. As part of this team you will be responsible for taking forward our clients technical solutions and helping maintain and support our new Kubernetes clusters.
- Set up and maintain new kubernetes clusters in private cloud
- Maintain and develop existing infrastructure around the clusters
- Provide consulting to facilitate architecting future solutions
- Perform kubernetes cluster upgrades
- Over 1 years experience of maintaining and troubleshooting Kubernetes clusters
- Experience of monitoring, troubleshooting, and scaling production Kubernetes workloads
- Knowledge of designing and adapting software to be twelve factor compliant applications
- Strong understanding of Container technologies like Docker
- Knowledge of deployment tooling like Terraform or similar infrastructure as code solutions
- Experience of software development in Python or Go
- Linux fundamentals
- Understanding of overlay networks, and experience with Flannel, Calico or similar
- Understanding of Software defined networking, BGP, VlANs, network architecture and load balancing
- OpenStack, Google Cloud Platform, GKE, ECS, Contrail
- Occasional travel to Berlin/London
Are you ready for your next big challenge?
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.