Scientific Software Developer
Posted on Sep 30, 2019 by Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
The candidate for this position will be working with Agile (SCRUM) software development process to enhance the modelling of reservoir physics. Experience in Desktop application instead of Cloud is a must!
Current functionalities include
1. Extending the reservoir simulator modelling capabilities with aqueous chemistry and enhanced oil recovery processes;
2. Improving the connectivity with other reservoir engineering tools;
3. Enhancing the visualization of reservoir properties.
1. The candidate should have 4+ years of experience in technical or scientific software development;
2. A master's degree or better in computational science (physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics);
3. Have had exposure to the use of multiple programming languages, but at least be grounded in C++, and C#;
4. Practical experience in object-oriented programming;
5. Experience in agile software development.
The ideal candidate will also be
1. Able to communicate clearly in English;
2. Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural geographically distributed team;
3. Following the recent software technology developments;
4. Result oriented and coachable.
The candidate for the position executes Project Backlog Items related to
1. Building third party C++ code in the C# application;
2. Developing interface code to marshall data into it;
3. Contribute to the design of the user interface;
4. Produce tests to demonstrate the functionality and keep results under regression;
5. Provide 3rd line support for the feature.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.