1st Line Applications Support Specialist
Posted on Sep 30, 2019 by Kallik
1st Line Applications Support Specialist
Kallik Ltd is a rapidly expanding cutting edge provider of global software solutions for the heavily regulated markets such as the pharmaceutical, medical devices, cosmetics and chemicals industries. This is a great opportunity to join an organisation that offers a stimulating and challenging work environment with the potential for further development and training for the right person.
1 st Line Application Support Specialists manage the process of fixing application, system or any other incident that is disrupting the application service that customer's business users depend on. The role calls for both technical literacy and business needs acumen to deliver client support and issue investigation on internally developed Kallik solutions and systems.
The scope of the role is to provide first line support to clients and partners across the world, assisting them with software problems via 'phone, e-mail, and the helpdesk ticket system.
They need to be capable of logically investigating, documenting, managing the issue resolution process and appropriately communicating verbally and via email. This covers the full spectrum of acknowledgement, updates and resolution to all affected parties for all reported issues both internal to Kallik and the externally affected customer(s) or partner(s)
1 st Line Application Support Specialist
- £20,000 to £22,000 depending on experience
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 public holidays)
- Free on-site parking
- Early finish on Fridays (rotational basis)
- Company Pension Scheme
1 st Line Application Support Specialist Key Requirements:
- Proven work experience in a Service Helpdesk environment
- Investigation and diagnostic skills
- Business and cultural awareness
- Support tool knowledge e.g. nService
- Analytical skills
- Web based applications and browser support
- SLA and incident escalation process
- Excellent communication skills and active listening
- Logical problem solving to break issues down into prioritised discreet work packages
- Attention to detail
- Empathy with users
- Acceptance of ownership
- Patience and understanding
1 st Line Application Support Specialist Key Responsibilities:
Gaining a full understanding of the Kallik AMS Product Portfolio (cloud and desktop) applications and:
Providing 1 st line support:
- Answering support queries via 'phone, e-mail and through helpdesk logging
- Responding to enquiries from customers and help them resolve any software problems within a set period as detailed in their SLA.
- Performing detailed investigations of issues reported and record them in the ticketing system.
- Using the call logging ticket system (nService).
- Provide client support for the Factory Print module of AMS
- Day to day monitoring of aspects of the application and infrastructure, vital to the successful working of the solution by Kallik customer(s).
- Attending regular client status conference calls to discuss and review open support issues.
- Providing user training via telephone, Web-ex or occasional site visits.
- Updating client configuration files (as directed by IT Manager and agreed with customer, in line with contractually binding documented policies and procedures for updating customer application configurations).
- Assist with the creation of documentation, including User Guides, Knowledgebase articles, Release Notes and Process & Procedure guides.
- Create and update incidents in SpiraTeam
Engaging and Communicating information to other Kallik stakeholders:
- Allocating tickets to other support technicians and relevant Kallik business and technical stakeholders (as appropriate).
- Escalating more complex calls to the relevant team member as detailed in the support process.
- Notifying relevant Kallik management personnel e.g. IT Manager to arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house.
- Regular reporting to the Kallik IT Manager and other Kallik senior management relating to issues and successes.
- Ensuring knowledge base is updated to help all team members resolve documented issues and solutions quickly as part of an on-going lessons learned process.
Based in Tamworth (B78 3HP) this 1 st Line Application Support Specialist role is easily commutable from the local area including Sutton Coldfield, Burton, Cannock and the Birmingham area.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.