Graduate luxury travel consultant - Exeter
Posted on Sep 30, 2019 by Expressions Holidays
Join our team of graduates who enjoy the Art of Intelligent Travel Organising
- A well-established (since 1989), luxury, specialist tour operator is looking for a graduate who wants a career in the travel industry.
- This is an excellent opportunity to use your energy and passion for travel to sell tailor-made luxury holidays (to selected destinations worldwide including Italy, Spain, France, other Mediterranean countries, Switzerland by rail, the Caribbean and the Indian Ocean).
- You will be responsible for managing your own client accounts, tailoring the holiday details to fit the client's brief, pricing the holiday, liaising with overseas suppliers, and ensuring all the elements are in place whilst delivering outstanding customer service.
- This is a rewarding job for an energetic, bright and highly motivated person.
- Previous luxury travel experience is not essential and training on the job will be provided (including trips abroad).
- You need to demonstrate an ability to communicate with discerning clients, both verbally and in writing.
- You should demonstrate keen intelligence and self-motivation.
- You should be at ease with high sales values (£10K to £20k per holiday). You might not know this until you start selling!
- You will have an ability to communicate with suppliers in different countries and enjoy this aspect of the job.
- You need to have a hunger to achieve and be self-motivated, with a natural desire not only to succeed but to be able to persevere to achieve goals for yourself and for the company.
- You will be educated to UK degree level, ideally from a Russell Group university. Good working knowledge of one or more European languages is an advantage (Italian, Spanish, French or German are particularly useful) and it is absolutely essential that you speak and write English fluently and correctly. You should have a commercial aptitude and flair with numbers. Ideally you are naturally competitive, but also want to deliver outstanding customer service.
- You may have spent time overseas travelling or working and are looking for a career in the travel industry, where you will be dealing with a high-value product and discerning, high net-worth clients.
You will be joining a team of other graduates, some from Exeter, others from other UK universities, who work across the company in holiday sales, marketing, product, admin and accounts, based in our attractive and spacious offices with parking in Exeter. There are career opportunities in different roles within the company. Training will be provided on the job, in-house and externally, including visits abroad.
The range of destinations you will deal with initially will be based on your own experience, languages and interests.
Graduate Luxury Travel Consultant - Exeter - £20k starting salary + up to £10k targeted bonus + career opportunityTo apply send your CV and covering letter to us by clicking APPLY NOW.