IT Business Analyst - Brussels
Posted on Sep 30, 2019 by Marks Sattin
IT Business Analyst | Brussels
A leading global energy company is currently seeking an IT Business Analyst to be based out of its Brussels offices.
The main remit of the role will be to support the wider business in the implementation of IT projects within its trading division and be the link between the business and IT. You will play a pivotal part in ensuring that business requirements are fed back into the project team and converted into functional specifications.
MAIN JOB FUNCTION
- Business Analyst will play a pivotal role in ensuring an understanding of business requirements by:
- Conducting interview to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, workflow storyboards, use cases scenarios and other methods.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis on project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria and metrics.
- Work with stakeholders, project and application maintenance team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Analyse and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Contribute to the implementation of the system.
- Test the newly implemented systems and features.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Link between the company Business Functions and the Information & Communication Technology Department to evaluate their needs (requirement gathering, opportunity management based on emerging technology and business case) and document formally.
- Link between external ICT partners and the ICT Department.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the other BA's in the team.
- To draw up and deliver punctually a functional analysis conformable to the company methodology.
- To contribute to the implementation of the system by configuring and coding.
- To guarantee the quality of the delivery testing the systems and supporting business functions in the User Acceptance test.
- To support the business functions to efficiently using the systems by providing training and guidance.
- To participate in projects and the application maintenance activities.
- University degree with stress on Informatics, or equally by experience.
- At least 3 years' experience in producing functional analyses.
- Has a hands-on approach.
- Knowledge of programming and Scripting languages is an asset.
- Experience in the energy sector is an asset.
- Knowledge of analysis methodologies and UML are advantages.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Good communication with business functions colleagues, external partners as well as with developers.
- Flexible team player who is immune to stress.
- Analytical mind with an eye for accuracy.
- Problem solving skills.
Please contact (see below)