SC CLEARED - Windows 10 Specialist Delivery Manager
Posted on Sep 30, 2019 by Lucid Support Services Ltd
WIN 10 Specialist Delivery Manager
Summary of the work
Delivery of a Desktop Upgrade project in a complex estate including bespoke applications integrated with Office products. Desktop and Application delivery (design, build and test) through to pilot and rollout
Outputs must include:
- Project plans, reports, RAID
- Technical deliverables to agreed quality standards to enable seamless business rollout
Expected contract length 12 months
Location South Wales
Early market engagement
The customer has a mixed desktop/laptop estate, with staff roles that encompass corporate users, technical staff and remote workers. The desktop estate is complex including thick clients integrated with Office products and over 300 locally installed applications
- Windows 10 and Office will be deployed in a secure government environment, using SCCM 2012 Task Sequences, software configurations and deployment tasks.
- Significant changes are expected to the current Active Directory and Group Policy as part of user migrations
- Project management standards are based on PRINCE2
- Technical deliverables to be Matrix managed and produced to agreed quality standards to enable seamless business rollout
Who the specialist will work with
Internal IT Service Creation staff, 3rd party contractors, internal stakeholders.
End User Computing team will be responsible for SCCM deployment, configuration and bespoke application deployment including ownership and development across all software and policy areas.
The IT Service Creation team includes Technical Product Managers, Agile Delivery Managers, Delivery Managers, Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Software Engineers, Infrastructure Engineers and Testers.
Customer will provide an overseeing architect, working into the Head of Architecture. Business requirements for deployment will be developed in collaboration with key stakeholders.
What the specialist will work on
The IT Service Creation team have a requirement for a specialist Delivery Manager with specific skills and experience to be responsible for the delivery of a Desktop upgrade project, including:
- Migration of approximately 5000 desktops from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with a new Office client and Teams
- Remediation activities for desktop/bespoke applications
The specialist will be responsible for the project management team and deliverables:
- Project schedule and detailed delivery plan
- Reporting including Risks, Issues and dependencies
- Financial tracking
- Resource engagement across all work-streams
Address where the work will take place
5 days per week
Due to the nature of the content and configuration SC Clearance is a mandatory requirement which needs to be in place by 25th November 2019.
Essential skills and experience
- Have demonstrable evidence and experience over a period of 3 or more years in delivering projects at pace to upgrade and rollout desktop upgrades based on a Microsoft OS.
- Have demonstrable evidence and experience over a period of 3 or more years in delivering projects which include bespoke/Legacy applications, minimum one delivery example.
- Have demonstrable evidence and experience over a period of 1 or more years delivering large scale projects for desktop upgrades (over 3000 users) including integration with bespoke/Legacy applications
- Have demonstrable evidence and experience delivering IT investments and large-scale projects with proven track-record of meeting these in the simplest manner to time, budget and quality criteria, minimum one example.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Have demonstrable evidence and experience delivering IT Infrastructure projects in a secure Government environment, minimum one example.
- Have demonstrable evidence and experience over a period of 3 or more years of working in a hybrid desktop set-up using software based on cloud and local infrastructure.
- Have demonstrable evidence and experience over a period of 1 or more years of delivering Office 365 on-line to end users.