Posted on Sep 30, 2019 by TATA Consultancy Services
Who we are...
With TCS you will be exposed to the future of technology, work with some of the brightest global minds in the industry and support many of the biggest brands in the UK and worldwide. Recognized as an employer of choice, having won numerous awards in the UK and beyond, TCS is a fast growing global IT Powerhouse at the forefront of innovation and transformation.
What we need...
We are looking for Site Manager who Work as a Site Manager/Consultant in the TCS team delivering best in class solutions and services to our clients
Key responsibilities for Site Manager:
- Manage TCS team of 18 - 20 engineering technicians, manufacturing and process engineers supporting various value streams and functions within the supply chain organization.
- Motivate and drive team members towards meeting organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide technical leadership to the team as and when required.
- Possess sound knowledge of Medical device manufacturing engineering and NPI methodologies relevant to medical devices and/or pharma industries.
- Ability to drive & deliver complex Manufacturing engineering solutions for end client.
- Lead NPI development requirements and work with cross functional teams in the Innovation Centre and with the Value Streams.Engage with key customer stakeholders across the supply chain organization to understand pain-points and come up with workable solutions and engagement models.
- Strengthen existing customer relationship and explore new areas of opportunities for TCS.
- Ensure healthy revenue pipeline, continuous cash flow and profit margins. Report regular revenue and hiring projections and enable revenue realization and fulfilment.
- Collaborate with TCS HR, Talent Management & Resource Management teams on day to day people management issues, hiring & resource fulfilment activities.
- Develop strategic collaborations across functions, business units and geographic boundaries to achieve effective outcomes over the long-term.
- Inspire, challenge, enable, encourage and build a culture of empowerment & ownership within the TCS team.
Key Skills/Knowledge for Site Manager:
- Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience of customer relationship management.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience - PMP/Prince certification preferred
- Flexible work ethic.
- Strong influencing & negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Problem Solving skills - to assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
- Decision Making - required to make decisions on technical issues.
- Degree of responsibility - must be capable of taking direction and taking responsibility and ownership for systems.
- Excellent planning & organization skills.
- Extent of confidentiality - discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
- Continuous Improvement Focus
Experience required for Site Manager:
- Obtained as a minimum a Degree in Mechanical/Production/Manufacturing Engineering and rich experience in a medical device or comparable hi-tech environment.
- Proven track record in development and Installation of manufacturing processes for New Products or Product Transfer.
- Experience using proven problem solving/Root techniques (8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to lead sub teams within a project and give direction to fellow team members, contractors, vendors to complete tasks to a defined timeline.
- Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Timelines and Cost.
- Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
- Expert knowledge of lean manufacturing processes.
What you get...
TCS is one of the fastest growing in the UK, joining TCS at this pivotal time will expose you to numerous domains and projects. We are consistently voted number one in customer satisfaction and Top Employer in the UK and globally. We provide competitive salaries which include pension, health care, life insurance, laptop, phone, access to extensive training resources and discounts within the larger Tata network.
Our internal volunteering and social network allowing you to take at least one paid volunteering day per year, as well as take part in social networks, Health and wellness initiatives such as fit4life and purpose4life internal sports events, we also sponsor Marathons internationally, Initiatives in mental health, LGBTQ among other diversity and inclusion awareness and support
Role: Site Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cork, Ireland