Senior Planning Engineer/Rotterdam/12 Month Contract/P6
Posted on Sep 30, 2019 by Vivid Resourcing Ltd
Senior Planning Engineer/Project Planning/Primavera P6/€Neg/12 Month Contract/Rotterdam/Netherlands
This position is responsible for the delivery of Project Planning within Engineering and Projects Group. The role also requires the successful candidate to assist with the company strategic or asset planning as requested to do so. The project is based in Rotterdam on a 12-month extendable contract, my client is offering a highly competitive rate that is negotiable upon meeting the expected criteria.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Further develop Level 2 Control Schedule and update on a bi-weekly basis
- Further develop Level 3 Decommissioning Schedule and update on a bi-weekly basis
- Chair biweekly planning meetings for both Engineers within P&E and the Decommissioning Department
- Chair regular planning meetings with EPC Contractor
- Attend regular procurement/expediting progress meetings
- Update progress using Job card system (M Power) for selected projects
- Work within an integrated project team with other support functions.
- Development, management and distribution of project plans reflecting various levels of detail within the integrated project planning environment.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a Companywide Integrated Planning Process (if required or asked to do so).
- Develop WBS as required, complying with the requirements of Company processes and in fitting with the Project requirements.
- Production of both engineering and construction resource progress s-curves as well as overall projects curve
- Interface with the Cost department to facilitate budget control and forecasting.
- Develop an understanding and experience of all asset areas as part of delivery of both brownfield and greenfield projects.
- Have the ability to present planning information to management teams from both within the Company and also 3rd Party contractors.
- Facilitate project assurance planning
- Interface with and build strong working relationships between the various Company Business Groups and all Asset Teams.
- Conduct risk review/probabilistic analysis as necessary
- Participate in specific planning management audits
- Actively participate in HSEQ strategy to ensure expectations for the Project Team are met
Internal and external interfaces
- Project Controls (Cost/Estimating/Procurement/Commercial)
- Asset and other technical functions ie subsurface, drilling etc
- Major Contractors (Engineering & Procurement/Construction & Fabrication/Subsea Pipelines & Installation/Transportation & Installation/Hook Up & Commissioning)
- 3rd Party Suppliers
- Educated to a degree or HNC level or equivalent in an appropriate discipline (preferred)
- Track record of continuous professional development
- Both onshore and offshore planning experience (preferred)
- Experience within an operating asset environment.
- Have a good appreciation of both topsides and subsea works.
- Solid knowledge of Primavera P6.
- 15 years planning experience with 10 years in a senior planning role preferred.
Preferred Candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrate capability of leading a planning team.
- Ability to influence and persuade.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Deliver to a challenging reporting calendar.
- Good communication, networking, facilitation & presentation skills.
Team player with ability to build strong working relationships between the various Company Business Groups and 3rd party contractors
Ability to interpret construction reports, vendor reports and engineering reports. Collate all progress data, update integrated project schedule and produce standard tabular/graphical reports. Identify potential delays and propose proactive solutions.
To apply please contact Michael Stubbs and send over your CV to the email below to be considered for this position.
Senior Planning Engineer - Senior Planner - Project Planning - Primavera P6 - €Neg - 12 Month Contract - Rotterdam - Netherlands
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.