Scala Developer/Full Stack Developer/Functional Programmer
Posted on Sep 30, 2019 by Stealth IT Recruitment
Scala Developer/Full Stack Developer/Functional Programmer - Scala, Java, TDD and BDD, RESTful web services, SQL, JPA
We are recruiting on behalf of our global Media client who are looking for best of breed talent to join their expanding organisation, they will reward ingenuity and will allow you the freedom to express yourself and encourage you to allow your creative side to flow.
As a Software Developer you'll be knowledgeable and passionate about technology, see value in established practices such as XP, TDD and BDD, have experience in CI/CD and be versed in Agile methodologies to ensure your projects succeed.
- Develop excellent quality software using agile techniques such as Test-Driven Development and Pair Programming
- Take an active role in Story definition, assisting QAs and business stakeholders with Acceptance criteria
- Help the team choose the best solution and technologies for the task in hand
- Take a pro-active role with production issues and release management
- Contribute to the technical direction of the team
- Strive for continuous improvement within the team
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of best of breed open source and commercial technologies
- Experience of software development for high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites/systems
- Delivery experience within an agile project is essential
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in Scala, Java, TDD and BDD, RESTful web services, SQL, JPA, Hibernate, Agile Best Practices, Architectural/Integration Design Patterns, Git and Linux
- A track record of getting the job done and an enthusiasm and aptitude for learning new skills and practices
- Take pride and ownership in your work, good team player and great at communicating.
- Some experience in Spray/Play frameworks and Spring MVC
If you are looking to take your career to the next level with an organisation who truly believe in giving the very best value and investment to their staff, allowing you to grow and develop as a professional, engross you in bleeding edge technology, then send your CV in the first instance and allow us to assist you in the growth of you!