Posted on Sep 27, 2019 by TATA Consultancy Services
Role: Project Engineer
Job Type: Contract/Permanent
Location: Cork Ireland
Who we are...
With TCS you will be exposed to the future of technology, work with some of the brightest global minds in the industry and support many of the biggest brands in the UK and worldwide. Recognized, as an employer of choice, having won numerous awards in the UK and beyond, TCS is a fast growing global IT Powerhouse at the forefront of innovation and transformation.
What we need...
We are looking for Project Engineer working with our client basis.
Job Purpose and primary objectives for Project Engineer Role
Project Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Good relevant hands-on engineering experience
- Proven track record of validation experience (IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Experience of writing validation protocols for product/process is preferable
- Experience of leading Risk Management (understanding of PFMEA preferred)
- Experience of working in highly regulated industry (Medical Device experience preferred)
- Educational Qualification - Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering
- Execute validation requirements on new equipment introductions/processes/process changes. Examples of such Validation include URS development/IQ/OQ/PQ+PV/Validation Plans/Risk Assessment
- Work in a manufacturing environment adhering to appropriate quality standards, work instructions and Health & Safety considerations.
- Acts as a liaison to external suppliers in regard to contracted products, tools & fixtures and their manufacture, acting as a technical expert or complete special projects in individual areas of expertise (ie programming, tooling, packaging, finishing etc.
- Work in cross-functional project teams in order to accomplish new product implementation, process design, process improvement or any other technical manufacturing issues.
- Drive process improvements/capacity increases through new technology/equipment introductions.
- Prepare and maintain of relevant system specifications.
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the customer's continuous improvement programs.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities
- Liaise with and manage offshore teams as when necessary
Experience required for Project Engineer
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering/Science discipline is preferable with basic relevant experience.
- Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc for Medical Devices/Pharma.
- Experience in project management utilizing organizational skills
- Ability to lead significant projects to completion, on time and within budget.
- Leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions.
- Foundry experience would be preferable.
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product/process introductions is desirable, but not essential.
- Experience in CAD (preferably NX 10) and Teamcenter is desirable, but not essential.
Key Skills/Knowledge required for Project Engineer
- Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Flexible work ethic.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Problem Solving skills - to assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
- Decision Making - required to make decisions on technical issues.
- Degree of responsibility - must be capable of taking direction and taking responsibility and ownership for systems.
- Excellent planning & organization skills.
- Extent of confidentiality - discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
- Continuous Improvement Focus
What you get
TCS is one of the fastest growing in the UK; joining TCS at this pivotal time will expose you to numerous domains and projects. We are consistently voted number one in customer satisfaction and Top Employer in the UK and globally.
We provide competitive salaries, which include pension, health care, life insurance, laptop, phone, access to extensive training resources and discounts within the larger Tata network.
Our internal volunteering and social network allowing you to take at least one paid volunteering day per year, as well as take part in social networks, Health and wellness initiatives such as fit4life and purpose4life internal sports events, we also sponsor Marathons internationally, Initiatives in mental health, LGBTQ among other diversity and inclusion awareness and support